Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice needed

Hello all, this is my first post. I've been with my girlfriend since the end of February last year. She and her 10 year old daughter live an hour and 45 min away. Not super long distance, but she is very busy with activities with her daughter, sports, hunting, to name a few.

The first 3 months she showed me a lot of affection, not the sexual kind, things like cuddling, hand holding and cute names for each other. After that she told me her anxiety was really strong and she wanted to go really slow. That's fine with me, she has to feel comfortable to.

As time has gone on I've become a little jealous of her best friend because they always spend time together, and we go sometimes 2 or 3 months without seeing each other. I've told her I've loved her and her daughter twice already and she can't say it back yet.

I've been married and divored twice because the exwives were cheaters and sometimes i can't shake the feeling that its happening again. I trust her, but my past experiences i can't forgot. We text everyday, but i wish she was more affectionate towards me. I'm lucky to get a hug and kiss when we see each other sometimes. Maybe its all just in my head, and its my insecurities. I don't want to do something rash or stupid, so i guess i came here looking to talk to other people in the same situation.

Welcome, You need to really ask yourself if you are doing the best thing for yourself.

Would you tolerate this behavior from some one who lived in your town? Many times we pedestalize a long distance love.

Also both of you should read 5 love Languages She may have a different way of showing and receiving love. You need to be honest with yourself if that is good for you.

Comment

Working...
    X