Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bf working too much! No time for relationship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bf working too much! No time for relationship?

Hi! I've been with my Japanese bf for almost 6 months now. We met almost a year ago while he was visiting my country. A few months later, we became a couple. He started working in April, and our communication lessened. Videocalls only once a week. But his work involves him sometimes leaving for long business trips.. And right now he's in one.. And it's been so hard. He gets to his hotel super late, and has to wake up really early, so we don't talk much. I've been suffering a little with this. He even works on Saturdays.. Yesterday we had our first real fight.. We have an 8h time difference, so it's hard to talk to each other in the first place.. I'm losing trust in him too.. For example, today is Sunday, and usually our day to talk. But he went on a trip with his coworkers.. I feel a little left out, I feel like he's not making time for me.. Or maybe he doesn't like me that much anymore.. He says he does, he's just too busy.. What should I do? I need communication, because I feel insecure and doubt myself and our relationship if I can't talk to him.. I feel that he doesn't miss me as much as I do. I don't want to give up but I'm scared things won't change.. That he'll be this busy all the time. I'm struggling with this business trip. When he's working in his office in Tokyo, things are fine because he has more time for me. But I'm scared that when he comes back from this trip, he will be used to us not taking that much and won't want to change it? Does anyone have a similar experience to mine? I really need guidance and advice. He's wonderful but.. I'm just struggling. I really don't want to quit. I'm going to see him in 50 days.. I'll be visiting his country

Hi! I'm dealing with the same issue now and we recently had a fight because of it. Most of the time that's the only problem we have together. I told him how I feel about it, so maybe communicate to him how it makes you feel and that you're worried about the relationship. If you already did it maybe try again? I talked with my SO many times about how we should communicate more often to make it work and I think there's a small progress, but I still wish he had more time for us.
    It's difficult when guys are that busy with their job, I get you well here. At least there's hope when you know he's making effort to see you and he's still trying to make it. Same like you I am sometimes scared that it won't change in the future, but I don't want to leave him just because of that. I have no idea what else we can do to spend more time with them Best wishes!

Comment

Working...
    X