Elopement anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elopement anyone??

Has anyone eloped due to LDR or military LDR?

My husband and I technically eloped, and it was the best wedding day ever. We just had a small ceremony, with a few of my closest friends who came to celebrate after. I don't regret it one bit.

Comment

Military here. My husband and I also technically eloped, and then had a "real" wedding later. Basically, we ran over to the courthouse to get the marriage certificate so he could get started on paperwork, and then a month later we had our officially-acknowledged wedding.
      I do, however, have a (mil)friend who actually eloped with her husband in Spain. It was just them, the photographer, and the makeup artist. They then honeymooned in Iceland. It was the coolest thing I've ever seen (and VERY her) and I 100% wish my husband and I did something like that. If you want to elope, then go for it!

Comment

My friend and her fiance are going to elope so he can legally adopt her son and then alter on they'll have a bigger celebration for all of us to join them ♥
        I am 100% for it

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I've been thinking about elopement too sometimes. And my bf joked about how we would just go to vegas to get married. Crazy thoughts, but idk we maybe will do it, who knows!

Comment

Gotta say, super tempted to elope with partner when he comes to visit me in Israel in December. We already have plans to go to Cypress together :P so it's like we're halfway to eloping already. Idk though, I'd really like to be married by our rabbi.

Comment

Working...
            X