Losing Interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing Interest?

So I've been dating my significant other for almost 6 months. I've spent a lot of time with him (and only him really) over the past few months. In May I returned to a game I used to play actively. I've gotten back into it and play it a lot again. The thing is, they said that I've been spending more time with my friends on the game then with them. I'm not sure if this is true because they are really clingy (I don't mean that in a rude way). However, the thought of getting off the game or ending a conversation with my friends to spend time with him annoys me. Please don't judge me as I am not a bad girlfriend. Like I said, I've spent a lot of time with him and him alone as well as send him cute messages and gifts. I don't know if I'm losing interest and I don't know what to do. I've invested a lot into this relationship. Please help!

It doesn't sound to me like you are losing interest. Sometimes we just need a break from the usual. You've not abandoned him completely, so he needs to realise that difference and learn to accept that you will want to spend time playing games with your friends. He can't expect to be your only form of social interaction. That is not healthy, fair or realistic.
    In my personal experience, time apart makes the heart grow fonder. But it shouldn't make the heart jealous.
    Maybe if you agree to a kind of schedule for the week regarding your communications, that may help?
    For example: Me and my SO have Mon-Fri as casual conversation on the site where we met. This can vary from 1 message either side in a day, or several. Sat-Sun is our google time, where we spend more time exclusively chatting and sometimes video calling, depending on what we are both upto. Special events such as birthdays or anniversaries we usually have a video call.
    It's about striking a balance that works for both of you.

Comment

Working...
    X