LDR depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR depression

Hi, I'm new here and am really looking for some help and support. My boyfriend recently left to move to Arizona. I have not had a good day since we said goodbye. There is no set date on when or if he may come back to me. I could not go with him due to work and family things here. I feel so alone and sad without him all the time. We have had several fights about him leaving and it's putting a strain on our relationship. I'm really losing my mind. There is a three hour time difference between us which is new for me. I'm so used to us talking all day and falling asleep on the phone at night and now the communication is less and we barely get to talk on the phone. I could really use some friends or words of encouragement on how to beat this depression. It's leading to no sleep and the feeling of constantly being sick to my stomach. PLZ HELP!

Long distance is hard. Bit you have to look at the bigger picture. Do you want a lifetime relationship with him? If that's your plan then you need to work together to get through the hard part, and know that long distance isn't forever. Sit down and plan your date nights (eating dinner together and watching a movie). With the time difference, someone will have to make a sacrifice. Maybe you eat dinner late on Friday and he wakes up early on Sunday to have mimosas with you. You have to have clear and open communication or it becomes a problem. There will be bumps. And maybe jealousy, not specifically of a person but more of the time he spends without you. But this can be done. I did it for years. In the meantime, go out with friends and find fun things to do. Take pics and send them to him so he's sharing in your fun. Make a plan to end the long distance and then work towards it. You can do this if you are both committed.
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Working...
    X