1000 miles apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000 miles apart

My boyfriend and I are 1000 miles apart. We see each other about every 6 weeks-ish. We talk everyday multiple times. He's the best man I have ever know . He really, really is. But....we have encountered a speed bump in this amazing love we created and it's bringing us down. Looking for advice...
    Our story began on FB, an accidental encounter of sorts. After that first interaction there was no going back. We were equally hooked on each other. Things were fairytale-ish for months. And then it happened....that shift or change that most relationships encounter where the love is still strong but the magical newness wears off. Being 1000 miles apart and navigating this has been hard. And, sigh, FB is to blame.
    I love this man and respect him. He's my soulmate. But, we struggle as of lately. We struggle because he doesn't understand my perspective on the whole FB and friending and liking of women and their posts. I dont react or post much on his page. And he doesnt on mine. But, in the rarity that I do comment on a post he made I've noticed that he will reply and like every comment except mine. He delayed taking his "single" status down until it became our first argument. After, he removed single. We are not linked in any way on FB. As far as I know, aside from the few friends I've met when visiting and his immediate family my existence is unknown to anyone else in his life. He friends women consistently (like 5+ a week) and rarely ever a man. He has ex lovers on his FB after being insistent that I do not have any on mine.
    Again, he is a good human. He has a god heart. My concern is that I've expressed to him my insecurity over this issue. He has changed a few things but has still left me very unattached otherwise (on FB). Should I be worried or just sigh and deal?

It's should definitely be a concern but it may be the fact he's worried what others may think about a long term relationship.

However, it could also be that he uses his online persona to talk to and flirt with single women.

If you aren't happy with it then you need to talk to him let him now you aren't happy. Tell him that if it can carries on you'll have to seriously consider the status of the relationship you have
    Met: November 2011
    Started Dating: 5th August 2019
    Next Meeting: 17th March 2020

Comment

I hate FB and I completely get where you're coming from.

I am obsessed with my SO's ex - it was ruining my life and my relationship.

I have blocked her now (but unblocking is just sooo stupidly easy)- I have spoken to my SO about this and he's been fantastic. Someone said to me that communication is key and it really is. Talk to him otherwise you will get to the point of obsession which screws your mental health (believe me - the last week for me has been horrendous) and if he doesn't understand, reassess your relationship.

It's so hard to do, but hand on heart, my life and relationship and mental health have improved since I spoke to him and stopped checking. If you're looking for something, you'll find it, whether it's there or not!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. 😊

Comment

Working...
        X