Getting closer but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting closer but..

We've been in LDR for 7.5 years now. My SO is coming back to my country in less than 2 weeks. Which i'm freaking excited about.

Yesterday he told me that he wants to live in here.
    He's gonna stay here for a month this time but he said that he probably want to stay longer, like maybe 2 months or even rent the apartment for 6 months or a year.

So he has been jokingly told me about it for a while but i didn't really take it seriously, but yesterday he told me that he really wants to do that. And maybe it will be like a trial of how he'd like it to live in my country.

We just met in person once ( after 6 years online). And now this whole stuff that he has been saying about possible future just freaking me out. I'm scared and anxious as heck. I don't know if it's a good idea or what.

Is it normal to feel this way?
    Or do you guys had any similar experience before regarding closing the distance stuff?

You can only do what is right for you. If you need to take it slow, now you've met, then talk that through with him.
    I love her - like a table!

Comment

After an ldr lasting 7.5 years. I’m assuming you’ve had talks about the future before right? I know it’s scary but it’s usually the next step in an ldr if you want to close the distance. I guess I’d embrace it as a trial. At least this way you won’t wonder what if. A Few ldr’s have moved 100% over to another country only to have it fall apart and then they are stranded in that other country. I think it’s smart to see if you’re compatible together before one of you moves completely. The trial would be a good way to test that. From what I recall you said your first visit was amazing so that’s a good sign. I guess if it was me, after investing 7.5 years into an LDR I’d at least like to know if it would be something worth closing the distance for.

Comment

Working...
      X