Honeymoon phase in LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeymoon phase in LDR

Asking for personal experience on this. I'm just curious if the honeymoon phase is used up when you start a new relationship long distance. I'd hate to think that the honeymoon phase gets wasted a little since you can't see eachother all the time during those first months of pure bliss. The bubble, if you will, as Leslie Knope calls it. Like, do you still get another one once you close the distance? Just curious 🙂
    Last edited by IneedSupport; September 16, 2019, 11:22 AM.

I am not sure about how it works after closing the distance but we have not lost our honeymoon phase yet. But we also haven't been together for very long so I'm not sure on how long it lasts in an LDR either.

In my opinion, it would last longer just because there is distance and you don't get to see each other very often. I still feel very much infatuated with my SO.
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

Me and my guy have been together 15 months, and I know he isn't perfect but I love him to death regardless.
      We've only spent 8 days together in person though, but we called everyday through last december, even when we weren't feeling that great.
      We have had our arguments, but we always talk it out and move on. I can't stay mad at him either. IDK if that is honeymoon phase or not though.

Comment

They say the honeymoon phase lasts longer in LDRs. Though I'm not entirely sure who 'they' are.

We're coming up to 4 months together in our LDR. but only 15 days together in person. Those 15 days have felt very 'honeymoon' like. I'm headed to see her for 39 days from Thanksgiving... I guess I can let you know how that goes! haha
        I love her - like a table!

Comment

Thanks for the replies! My guy just left again and our weekend went by way too fast 😩

Comment

From someone who has closed the distance, I feel the honeymoon phase doesn’t end until you close the distance. Once you realise that your partner isn’t leaving and you start waking up with them every morning and going to sleep with them every night I think that’s when it hits. Not that it’s bad, I’m married to him so my ldr was successful. But that’s when I noticed it, once we lived together and developed a routine that’s when I knew. The end of the honeymoon phase was kind of liberating for me as it signalled the end of distance. I remember texting him “I miss you” and he replied “Don’t, I’ll be home soon and annoying you soon enough” I thought it was sweet.

Comment

Working...
            X