Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remarry but my kids won't even talk to my Fiance

Hello.
    I have been with my Moroccan fiance for over 3 years and we are desperate to be together . We intend to marry but my kids won't even talk to him on the phone. We have applied twice for a visit visa so they could meet but both times were refused. So we now plan to apply for a fiance visa and for him to come and live with me and my kids in our home.
    I have put the feelers out with the kids and they suggest they would go to live with their dad who they see all the time. My and my ex have an amicable relationship but I have the feeling he will freak about this. We were together 27 years and my kids are 13 and 16. New relationships are still awkward to talk about even though we have been apart for 5 years and divorced for nearly 4.
    Me and my fiance just feel stuck now and need to move forward. I have visited him 15 times in the 3 years we've known each other. He is a lot younger which I guess might add to the issues.

Any advice anybody can offer would be so much appreciated. I'm just scared about rocking the boat but I need my life too.

Oke, my parents got divorced when I was 14 and my mum got into a LDR.
    I do remember my whole life fell apart. I was still grieving over the divorce, I was in my puberty so I needed a safe place and I didn’t have that anymore. My mum moved way to quick for me so at the end it was even harder for me to process the divorce. So maybe you should just ask your kids why they don’t like your fiancé. Or if it has not much to do with him but more with the divorce and the process they have to go through. You can’t force them to like your fiancé. The more you push them the faster they run. Open up the conversation about it and see if you can understand their point of view and not only your own. Good luck on dealing with it but my advice; don’t push your kids into a situation. Try to understand them and make agreements!
    Last edited by Junglebook; September 23, 2019, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X