Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking to somebody long distance...

Hi there.
    So I thought I’d jump on here & Express what’s going on. Sometimes it’s good to have opinions of people who are going through similar things.
    So I met a guy on a dating site and unfortunately he is far away like a 12 hour flight far away. I am from the UK.
    I would never expect to get into this situation and wouldn’t intend to but from day one when we started talking which has been a couple of months now from morning till evening and FaceTimes too we can’t stop talking to each other.
    I’ve just come on to see if anybody else has been in a similar position where they are in this weird situation or whether there has been any success stories?!
    Thank you for reading! Xxx

Browse around the forums and you'll find plenty of people that did distance that long, longer, shorter, or anywhere in between. I dated my SO across the world for two years before he came here to do his masters. We're still six hours apart. November marks our fifth anniversary, all long distance. It sucks, it's hard, but it's also beautiful and rewarding along the way. It's all what you make it!
    sigpic

Comment

Sure, plenty of people are in similar situations.

I met my SO completely randomly online in a chat room. We started a correspondence with emails and chats, then it became long phone calls, and some video chats. We are in touch nearly every day. Sending videos or letters.

We met online a year ago, and a couple of months ago, he flew out to meet me, and we experienced 2.5 magical weeks together. We both felt like we arrived home. And ours is roughly a 33 hour distance. It really isn’t easy and sometimes miscommunication and the distance drags us down. But it is what you make of it, and there is a beauty in getting to know someone this way. Even tho we miss out on some things. We share an awful lot too.
      "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
      -Charles Dickens

Comment

Working...
      X