Feeling lonely and ignored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling lonely and ignored

I am in a relationship with a guy from England, and am feeling so lonely always when I don't get to talk to him. We message frequently throughout the day and call on occasion, but I feel like he is ignoring me or doesn't want to talk to me in the other times. He has reassured me that he's always there for me and likes to talk to me, but I can't get the feeling out of my head that I'm just being ignored for better things he has there. Is there a good way to cope with the feeling of being left out? I don't have the same type or amount of friends as him, so I just spend a lot of time at school by myself. I feel selfish saying this, but I'm scared that he is going to enjoy his life there without me so much that he won't want to be with me...I'll become the sad and hard part of his life. I don't want to drag him down and keep him inside talking to me always, but I don't want to lose him If we were in the same place it wouldn't be like this, but since we miss each other and just feel sad being without each other..

It was like this for me for a little at the beginning of the relationship. I eventually just shrugged off the feeling of being ignored and focused on my life. This didn't hurt our relationship in anyway, but it made it easier for me to cope with the distance and the feeling of missing him. My SO is a med student so he is always busy with studying, Ive learned to just be patient with him and support him in his studies by giving him the space and time he needs to get his stuff done, its the only thing I can offer in that aspect.

Trust and patience is the key here! Be patient, he will talk to you when he misses you or has nothing else going on; and trust that he will do just that. You both have your separate lives at the moment, but don't let that hinder your relationship with each other. I hope this helped! Good luck to the both of you!
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

Working...
    X