Fear of non-physical and being dropped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fear of non-physical and being dropped

Hi everyone. I'm Meena from London and my SO is in Italy for his career. My first LDR. It's all a bit unclear - no end date in sight - so it's monthly visits and calls for us. I'm an affectionate person and I'm dreading the non-touch, physical separation. He's good at compartmentalising (the lucky guy). I'm basing this LDR on our good Communication, trust and love. I know I should get a life/hobbies/rely on friends in the meantime. Will do. But are there any more tips or practical things that I could do to lessen the physical impact? Is a hug pillow sad? And does anyone suddenly fear the other person will stop communication and fade away, or just call it quits when they get into their new life?? That's another thing running through my mind. Would appreciate your help. In london if you'd like to be friends too.

I guess whatever works for you! I used to FaceTime my husband and we’d have dinner together. We had a few apps where you could touch the screen at the same time and it’ll buzz. There’s bracelets now that do that. I made a bunch of “open when” letters for him. Whatever helps you deal with it best.

Comment

Working...
    X