My current long distance relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My current long distance relationship

How’s everyone? First post, and I thought I’d write about my relationship with my gorgeous girlfriend.

We met on a stupid app called Holla in early April, both just seemingly looking for friendship. She’s from Texas and I’m from Pennsylvania. That’s a 1000 mile difference. We instantly hit it off, and she began to flirt with me and finally, she asked if we could FaceTime. We ended up FaceTiming and she asked if she could fall asleep with me, and I agreed, and for some reason, my heart fell for her, right on the spot.

However, we hit a bump in the road. One day she was crying in her truck and when I asked what was wrong, she kept saying never mind, and that her cousin was coming towards the truck, so I told her to text me. I told her to just tell me and that no matter what, I’m here for you. Well, she wasn’t exactly being honest about who she was. She went by the name Chloe for a good week or two and told me why she had kept it and that she had fallen in love with me so quickly and didn’t want to lose me. Well, I told her that I loved her and her name didn’t matter, she did and her feelings. I remember her telling me her real name and just smiling every time I was able to say it. She finally gave my her social media’s along with this.

A few weeks go on of us FaceTiming daily and texting daily until one night she’s laying on a couch while we were talking.

It’s 2:00AM for her and she says “hold on, my aunts coming in the living room” and I stopped talking and just listened. I hear her whisper “Shaun, I really think your the one” as her aunts creeping around the living room. A minute or two goes by and she says it’s fine, we can talk again, and I asked her if she was being honest and I asked her why she said that. She told me she’s never been able to talk to someone so comfortably and tell them the things she has, she’s never felt like she could trust someone but I’m a 1000 miles away and I give her my all. She’s never enjoyed someone’s personality so much.

A day later after this she goes home and again, we would FaceTime and text all day everyday. In July, she went away for a trip for 9 days and couldn’t message or call me, so we decided that at 11:00PM her time and 12:00PM my time, we’d go outside and look at the moon so we both know we’re out there. The night she left, I had a working fire in my local and if something happened, she wouldn’t have known right away, which scared me. Well she came home and the first thing that early morning I get was a FaceTime and a long text, and from July 9th until this very day, we’ve FaceTimed and have tested everyday.

A few weeks ago, we decided that the perfect time to see each other would be in early November, as my firehouse banquet and her birthday, along with our anniversary was coming up. I ended up buying her ticket and we’ll be seeing each other in two weeks. The 11th until the 19th of November. I’m scared, nervous, and excited, but I can’t wait! We’ve talked about getting engaged, and with that, I ended up getting her an engagement ring, and she got me one. Not only are we looking forward to seeing each other for the first time, but it’s my banquet, my mother’s birthday, her birthday, and our anniversary, but we’ll be getting engaged.

I have some concerns though. After going through numerous rough relationships that never seemed to last more than a month or so, and I met constant cheating and being used, disrespected, and thrown away, I finally have a woman who treats me with respect, gives me the attention I give her, the effort I give her, and the respect I give her, she returns it all. I’m scared to lose her, and we’ve both talked about this. How can I get past these feelings even though she’s proven herself and I trust her more than anything?

Congrats on making it to your first visit! I think the feelings you are talking about will go away somewhat. Especially after the first visit, you will really see the feelings she has for you shine through and you will know how she is feeling.

It's about three years in for me and my SO and I can say I am not afraid that I will lose him. From time to time I do have insecurities but that is normal, especially for LDRs, which are a whole different level of complicated. I think it is completely normal to have a little worry, in LDRs and in any relationship. Hang in there! And have a wonderful visit <3 xx
    California- Alabama
    Relationship began: April 4, 2017
    First visit: Alabama: April 4-8, 2017
    Second visit: Alabama: August 22-30, 2017
    Third visit: Alabama: December 9-19, 2017
    Fourth visit: California: May 25- June 4, 2018
    Fifth visit: Alabama: September 15- 26, 2018
    Sixth visit: Alabama: December 18, 2018-January 3, 2019
    Seventh visit: Alabama: April 2-10, 2019

Comment

After the nerves of this visit things will settle down. Please post about your visit and how the proposal goes. Best of luck, very exciting times ahead.

Comment

That’s all true. She’ll be here in four days, and I’m beyond excited. At times I wish we would’ve met sooner but I realize things happen with reason and in due time.

Comment

Very exciting! What do you have planned to pop the question?

Comment

Working...
          X