Question about those with SO from another country coming in with no job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about those with SO from another country coming in with no job

I have been talking and seeing her for few months and do like her very much. She is from another country doing administrative work at a school and her english is not good.
    My parents dont have issue with her coming here and get married but they did say I need to be mentally prepared to support her since she will have no income. I am actually flustered because I dont know if i can and I always imagined a dual income household for better stability.

Anyone had similar experiences can share thoughts and tips? I plan to ask her what her plans are if she comes here. She does have some income from her rental back in her place and i suspect if she leaves she can rent to another for double rental income...maybe total 2k/month.

Thanks!

What visa would she come on? Why would she not be able to work here after appropriate paperwork was completed?
    sigpic

Comment

Well if she come here it would be tourist visa? Maybe student if she starts school? It's not she cant work its she will need to improve english etc.

Comment

Tourist and student visas cannot legally be used to come here and get married.
        Is there no market in your area for people of her language? Some positions may not require English proficiency if the company operates primarily in her language.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by autumn1790 View Post
          Tourist and student visas cannot legally be used to come here and get married.
          Is there no market in your area for people of her language? Some positions may not require English proficiency if the company operates primarily in her language.
          So what visa she need? a spouse visa? I understand the greencard gets sped up.
          In terms of the market, there are areas where her native language plays a bigger role and that could be what ends up being. Case in point, her friend married in US too and she is now working at a clinic.
          I am not looking for her to make a ton of money, i just want to make sure she can help share the load or at least use her income as reserve.

Comment

It depends on if you guys have met in person and if you would be getting married in the US or in her country. Visajourney dot com is an excellent resource for all things immigration.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X