New Kid ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Kid ...

Hello, everyone. I want to thank the founders of this so wonderful service. We are not alone, as we thought. We are just scattered, which gives us the illusion of aloneness.

I've found a faraway love in the most peculiar and indirect way that I ever thought that I was going to.

I belong to facebook groups of my interests, as it is common to be. Sometimes I receive friend requests from like minded people. However, this time one of my new friends was not one of these. I've only met him seven weeks ago or so. I thought that he was from one of the groups and had liked something I said, which resonated with him and inspired him to send me a friend request.

We forgot about this and never asked each other about it. Two weeks in the friendship he starts asking for financial help and tells me a story, which I, of course, immediately dismissed as crap. He said that he had lost some money destined for some poor kids, which he helps every Christmas, for gifts. I sent him to Hell, but he persisted.

He told me the name of the mom, of three kids, one of them an 18 year old girl with the mentality of a seven year old, due to an accident. And two boys, much younger. He asked me to look at her FB profile and that there one could see the pics of the kids and to send her a friend request. I reluctantly accepted, as they could be working together. It has happened before.

I met her, but the idea was for her to substantiate his story, to validate him. She was so shy and told me, yes, this guy helps me out with the kids, as I have three, including a sick one and I am a single mom. From the moment that I heard her sweet musical voice, I was affected. She was not trying to seduce or flirt, but was just like a shy and scared kid, but a 38 year old woman.

Later on I told her about my feelings. I never in our friendship once talked to her about my likes or dislikes. I tried to astutely discover what she liked without telling her mine preferences. Most of what she liked was right up my alley. And to my surprise she fell for me too. Obviously, it was more complicated than that, but I am all mixed up and have run out of words for now. She lives overseas.

I would still proceed with caution and not send money until you have met this person in person. It's very strange to solicit a random stranger on the internet for money. My initial thought is that the "friend" is actually her husband. There are so many stories of things like this happening - and all of those victims thought the person on the other side of the computer/phone genuinely loved them... why else would they have sent the money in the first place? Be careful.
    Read my LDR story!
    Facebook
    Instagram

Comment

I agree with Michelle. It might just be her husband taking advantage of you and their situation. Did you ask her where her husband is?

I have a high school best friend that I haven't seen in ages. I know her family and she knows mine.
      She asked to borrow money from me twice already. They're large amounts too. I've known her in forever but it still didn't feel right that she asked me for money because we haven't talked or seen each other in over 10 years. So please be careful. It's the internet...you know how it is.

Comment

personally I will not, be careful.

Comment

Working...
        X