Discussing with Boyfriend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussing with Boyfriend

I feel like a total burden to my boyfriend after discussing with him about his texting behavior. Sometimes, he just read my message and never responded until hours later. But weirdly, he chose to respond to his friends very quickly. And of course, I feel disrespected.
    I brought up the topic to discuss with him.
    He said:
    “I don’t know whether dating someone new at this time is right because I have a lot going on right now. But I can bear it because it already happened. Lots of work and school work. I actually have a lot care about. Now that I don’t have much time to spend for you so I’m concerned that you would be sad.”
    He even mentioned how much sleep he was able to get when I visited him (last weekend), and mentioned he was able to have a little fun when I came.
    Now that Me bringing up this concern just because I feel little worried totally made me feel stupid.
    I let him know that I don’t wanna be a burden and he can totally share with me his feeling whenever he feels upset or stressed.
    I don’t know. At least I understand what he has been through. And now, I made myself look like a dramatic queen in his eye. 😶

There's nothing wrong with sharing your feelings about this with him, in fact... you totally should. That's what communication is all about and is one of the most important things in a relationship, especially a LDR. It's not something you should keep to yourself and let eat away at you.
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

I agree with MsGrim. It’s great you shared your worries with him. He cleared them up and you don’t have to worry anymore. Big problems can manifest if you DON’T communicate your thoughts and feelings. If we are not mean about it then our SOs should want to help sort it out 😊

If you feel really silly then maybe use the opportunity to send him something nice. Like a nice letter letting him know how much you appreciate and enjoy him.
      "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
      -Charles Dickens

Comment

Working...
      X