Damn airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn airlines

SO and I agreed to meet in 2 weeks!!! This has been the ball park date for a while now but we've finally agreed on it for sure. Last week when I was checking flights they were decently priced and doable.. I didn't book because the date wasn't for sure and we still needed to work out some other stuff before settling on this date. I should have booked the damn flight because there was a 24hr free cancellation period which would have given us plenty of time to agree to the 20th and make other necessary plans. BUT NOW checking this morning they have gone up almost $200 I know, I know booking last minute is always more expensive.

I really feel like crying lol; money isn't really an issue but traveling is expensive as is and I would have liked to use that extra money while with him. I started checking other weekends to see what my options are and the flights for April are way cheaper. So here I am, at a crossroad... Drop this extra money on this ticket and see him in 2 weeks or wait until the 1st week of April and spend $60 less than the original price of the ticket I seen last week.

Currently domestic flights within the US are still going but I am not sure where we will be in the next few weeks with this virus.. It's finally hit the US and it is spreading FAST! Health officials say banning domestic travel is not out of the question.

IDK what to do.
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Some of those discount travel sights allow you to choose Refundable flights.

You might also want to check out matrix.itasoftware.com. That will give you the lowest rates for a month at a time, if you select the option. All in one spot---real convenient. However they do not sell tickets so you will have to go elsewhere to actually purchase.

Comment

Thank you! I will check it out, we have agreed to wait until April to meet up.. He is all about saving some money lol. Booking tickets and hotel tonight when I get home so we can avoid this It's not as soon as I was hoping for but we've managed so far. Thanks again!
      ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

Just an update. We booked hotel and flight last night! Ya'll.. I am SO excited! Lol, it worked out perfectly waiting until the 1st weekend of April because I will get to spend an extra night with him and we saved a little money <3

Comment

I am happy for you!
          I hope you have wonderful days together!
          Enjoy planning what you guys are going to do or even just the daydreaming about it!

Comment

Working...
          X