I was dumped partly because of coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was dumped partly because of coronavirus

It's been a week since our fight. Since I said something stupid and it put him over the edge. He said he wanted a break and then just turned it into a break-up. It all happened so fast. Part of his reasoning is that flights within the US are restricted right now. I feel so blindsided. I haven't contacted him since the phone call that ended it. He hasn't contacted me either. I am having a really tough time with this. Things were going well with us, I thought. It was such a stupid argument! I could use some encouragement and advice. I don't know if I should reach out. I'm afraid he's already moved on. We were together for 14 months. My heart hurts so bad.

Hi there, I’m sorry to read that you are hurting. What was the nature of your relationship? Was it always long distance?

Definitely the covid-19 pandemic is affecting everyone and it’s putting a huge strain on those who now are unable to see one another. But 14 months is a long enough time to show a certain level of commitment, beyond an isolated argument.

There is nothing wrong with you reaching out and telling him that you are confused and you would like to understand what happened. If you love him, tell him so. If he still cares about you then he won’t leave you hanging.

Good luck!
    "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
    -Charles Dickens

Comment

Hi, we are all going through very hard times these days and everyone is feeling very nervous so you can say something bad you wouldn't say. I think there's nothing wrong with it so better to stop thinking about it. Couples fight a lot these days because of the anxiety they are feeling. If eveerything was okay before I guess this break up is just a result of a nervous breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by IneedSupport View Post
        ....Part of his reasoning is that flights within the US are restricted right now....
        Do you have a source for that?

I just scanned through the list of travel restrictions. There are no restrictions on domestic travel in the USA, but some places may require a self quarantine.

Comment

The same here but no fight

Hi hello. Im new and im having the same issue. Except we had no fight. We meet in tinder and it has been 3 years ever since. Only thing is that I'm from another country and not from the U.S. so we have been LDR for 2 years (we broke up for 4 months and then he came back to me saying that we should try again)

Everything was good, he was coming to my country in may and confessed he was planing on asking for my hand on marriage. I just talked to him and he said he doesn't know where we are going and a part of him is saying that "he should end it to move forward" but then he told me he's really anxious with the social distance g and the dead of a friend of his. I feel empty because i don't know what's going to happen. I have been sad and crying for days but as he's sad i can't show him that.
          PLEASE HELP ME !

Comment

Originally posted by tokyo blues View Post
            Hi hello. Im new and im having the same issue. Except we had no fight. We meet in tinder and it has been 3 years ever since. Only thing is that I'm from another country and not from the U.S. so we have been LDR for 2 years (we broke up for 4 months and then he came back to me saying that we should try again)

Everything was good, he was coming to my country in may and confessed he was planing on asking for my hand on marriage. I just talked to him and he said he doesn't know where we are going and a part of him is saying that "he should end it to move forward" but then he told me he's really anxious with the social distance g and the dead of a friend of his. I feel empty because i don't know what's going to happen. I have been sad and crying for days but as he's sad i can't show him that.
            PLEASE HELP ME !
            It has been said many times that open and honest communications is very important to a long distance relationship. My recommendation would be to tell him exactly how you feel. It may help him to feel better to know that you feel the same way.

As for the social distancing, the coronavirus has cause many of us here on LFAD to put our plans on hold, so you are not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioJim View Post
              It has been said many times that open and honest communications is very important to a long distance relationship. My recommendation would be to tell him exactly how you feel. It may help him to feel better to know that you feel the same way.

As for the social distancing, the coronavirus has cause many of us here on LFAD to put our plans on hold, so you are not alone.
              I did i talked to him about being confused. One day we were talking about marriage and then he was thinking about dumping me.
              I told him that although im all in i can't be the vicitm of corona virus but i could be there for him as he's is going through isolation and dueling his friend's dead alone and at the same time. I tried to video call him but he was on a call with his mom. Then when we got on touch he totally avoided the subject and after, he wouldn't even respond to the convo. He just told me that he wanted to go out and after a while said that he wanted to be alone and asked to not contact him for he needed some space.

Dear OhioJim I feel 300 pounds lighter. Althought his attitude confuses me a lot more. So you were right at least he know how i feel.
              Last edited by tokyo blues; April 11, 2020, 12:29 AM. Reason: Remove parts

Comment

Originally posted by tokyo blues View Post
                ....Dear OhioJim I feel 300 pounds lighter. Althought his attitude confuses me a lot more. So you were right at least he know how i feel.
                That's good news. Glad I could help.

Another thing I have learned over the years. It is far better to go ahead and do something, even if it is the wrong thing, than to worry about it! One way or the other, at least you will know.

Give him encouragement and support. Let him know that you are there for him, and will listen whenever he is ready to talk.

Comment

Working...
                X