In the midst of a pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the midst of a pandemic

Has anyone had a long period of time not being in contact with your SO during this event?

Lately, mine has been getting lesser and lesser with what they say.
    And now it’s been a week since we’ve spoken where he went suddenly silent.

He works in the medical field... I can imagine he’s incredibly busy, but he’s being lightly active on Facebook. (Responding to timeline posts and tags and sharing stuff on his timeline ) but hasn’t said anything in group chats , and hasn’t messaged me.

I’m feeling so bad - with everything going on, I wish I could just talk to him more. A kind word here or there. Not only is distance a problem, but the fact we’re , well the whole of the world right now let’s be honest - is dealing with stay at home orders long distance travel is out of the question !

I was already losing faith and hope ... but I guess even that can be kind of blamed on everything, too. It’s not new and he’s BEEN doing his job.
    But... when all you have is words, they’re so much more important and I’m feeling incredibly sad and forgotten.

If he works in the medical field, he most likely has barely any time to do anything but just browse during his downtime.
    Of course he shouldn't be ignoring you, but this is the first pandemic in our lifetime and we just don't know how to react.

The best thing you can do is be supportive and message him supportive messages!

If it was me, I'd message him every morning something supportive and positive and hopeful and then again when I went to sleep. That way he knew I was thinking of him, but also know that I understand he is busy and won't be available for sometime.

I'm really sorry this is affecting your relationship, but I'm also very thankful to your SO for going out there and helping people!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
    X