Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long have you ever gone without your lover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long have you ever gone without your lover?

Soo... looks like a lot of us are in a bit of a tizzy during this pandemic situation. I’m sure a lot of us have cancelled plans and are unsure of the next available time for a visit.

Personally, I’m looking at possibly upwards of six months away from my boyfriend, as he’s in Belgium and I’m in the states.

A little hard to cope with the thought - the longest we’ve gone is 4 and a half months. How long have you all gone? What are some of your tips for remaining sane?

Our longest was 1 year apart, although it was meant to be 9 months. Now we have broken up, partly because of that. We still love each other, and want things to work out, but things are complicated overall.

Given the current global situation, I'd say knowing that it won't last forever. Try to focus on what you have, instead of what you don't. Make the most of talking, calling and FaceTime where applicable. Send care packages if you can. Play online games together. Share the difficulties you each face with each other.
    Keep busy when you're not in contact. Talk to friends and family.

Comment

+1 on Atlantic Crossroads post.

It will be a year the end of April for me and my SO.

Open and honest communication is far more important in a LDR than a close by relationship, because that is all you have! But remember that when this is all over and you can see each other in person you will be that much farther ahead because you will have learned how to REALLY communicate your feelings and thoughts to each other.

Comment

We went over two years before we first met, and then about five months before he came to the US. Since then, we've been lucky to see each other about once a month, but even though we're only ~400 miles apart, covid is putting a stop to interstate travel for the unknown unforseeable future. Lots of texts, calls, and finding stuff to occupy the time to keep from going bonkers!
        sigpic

Comment

My SO and I managed to squeeze in a visit just before everything went into lockdown. It was so nice and now I miss him like crazy. He has a contract starting soon that goes for 6 months. We plan to catch up after that but that won’t be for at least 7 months :/ This is the norm for us though. We live about as far away from each other as we possibly can and so we can only visit once every 6 months at this stage.

I totally agree with OhioJim in that we definitely learn how to communicate openly and honestly and that will hopefully make us stronger and stronger into the future.
          "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
          -Charles Dickens

Comment

It's been three months and now have to wait until they lift the restrictions. Over 4,000 miles away which seems like a lifetime..

Comment

Working...
            X