GF's an Airman... feeling helpless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GF's an Airman... feeling helpless

Backstory: So, my girlfriend is an Airman and has been in Tech School since November of last year. Before that, she got to be home for a while after finally graduating from basic training. Everything has been somewhat easy to manage up until now, and I feel silly, because she is supposed to graduate next month. After she graduates, she'll be living two hours away indefinitely before coming home.

My gf has always been the more emotional one in our relationship. Where I'm more introverted and have no problems keeping to myself, she's the opposite. I am also deemed the "stronger" one because I, ironically, have more emotional intelligence than she does, so I often solve many of my problems on my own without needing to talk about it or bringing her into it.

With all the Corona stuff going on and lockdowns in place, I haven't been able to see any of my friends physically, which really helped me keep the feelings of loneliness at bay. On top of that, I have depression that I usually manage well, but staying in the same area for more than a month is really starting to get to me.

My girlfriend is always busy, and always stressed out because of the environment at her school. But now that I have no more distractions, I feel like I'm getting swallowed whole by loneliness and missing the way we were before all this Air Force crap. And I feel like talking to her about it would only make her feel worse because the only thing that would help me in this state is having her around physically, and that's one of the things she literally can't give me right now. Talking on the phone and texting just doesn't feel as fulfilling as it used to. I could really use some support.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
    Just know you are not alone feeling like this during the health crisis. This forum is full of great advice and people who can offer lots of support.

Comment

Hi!

I'm sorry you're going through something so unpleasant. I understand how it feels when only thing you want is something they can't give you,,

Even though it's not her fault or basically no one's fault that all those stuff is happening right now, you must be really frustrated. I would say just having a talk about how you're feeling will at least help you feel better, and hopefully, will also make her make efforts to stay as mentally close to you as possible instead of just you feeling not-ok cause that's just kinda unfair..

I'm not sure if any of thing is helping but I hope things will work out fine :3

Comment

I can understand the way you feel, you are not alone... My girlfriend is a nurse in Greece. We are going through very hard times recently.

Comment

Working...
        X