I'm unhealthily bored. What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm unhealthily bored. What to do?

My SO and I have been together for a month now, and this corona time is literally draining my mind.

If I was living my normal school life like I would be doing now, I swear I would never be this bored or have so much time(because.. Japanese school lolz). But I have been REALLY bored even though I'm literally drawing, working out, studying and going on my phone far more than I should. Meanwhile he has computer games to keep him busy 24/7 and he's actually really good, which I wish I had but I don't cause my parents never let me and I can't afford it cause I'm not allowed to have a job. Waiting for him to reply for legit 5 hours only to see a random snap of his jawline and the thought that I have done literally so much and I'm still so bored make me wanna throw my damned phone out of the window with my entire force.

I don't want to give up on this so easily because I know he doesn't talk to people at all usually and he is making time to call me once in a while, and that he hasn't even snapped to anyone else for days (he even showed me xd). But this feels really one sided sometimes, and I would be really happy if you could give me some ideas how to either keep myself even busier or... or idk, something..
    Last edited by inlovewithaviking; April 15, 2020, 08:36 AM.

Hello.

My boyfriend is a gamer too. At the beginning we had fights due to his (really passionate) hobby. It can be difficult, specially because I think video games are a HUGE waste of money and time. Videogames were a huge fight factor for us. But he compromised and I did. As you say its a matter of building a bridge not a wall. I also want to add that your relationship is too recent, you are still learning each other's habbits. Don't torture yourself with that, as time goes by, you will make agreements and state dynamics that will make LDR so much easier.

We all can understand the struggles with boredom and routines due to quarintine. I don't know what to tell you because since im a really anxious person, i agreed to have schedules with my SO. Everyday we have a texting/ video call appointment at the same hour. So if he doesn't talk to me all day I know he will at that time unless something's wrong.I just wanna tell that you are not alone.
    Stay Healthy!

Comment

Originally posted by tokyo blues View Post
      Hello.

My boyfriend is a gamer too. At the beginning we had fights due to his (really passionate) hobby. It can be difficult, specially because I think video games are a HUGE waste of money and time. Videogames were a huge fight factor for us. But he compromised and I did. As you say its a matter of building a bridge not a wall. I also want to add that your relationship is too recent, you are still learning each other's habbits. Don't torture yourself with that, as time goes by, you will make agreements and state dynamics that will make LDR so much easier.

We all can understand the struggles with boredom and routines due to quarintine. I don't know what to tell you because since im a really anxious person, i agreed to have schedules with my SO. Everyday we have a texting/ video call appointment at the same hour. So if he doesn't talk to me all day I know he will at that time unless something's wrong.I just wanna tell that you are not alone.
      Stay Healthy!
      Thank you so much for your comment!

Yeah, recently I have become much more patient and laid back about him not replying for hours.. probably because I also started online school recently which keeps me really busy. 1 month is still not long enough to know all of his habits, but I guess it's working better!

We both have a little bit of sleep problem and it's still hard for me to just sit up and wait for the morning to come alone all night, but I see that he's trying too because now he asks me if I want to video call when he can, and he replies with longer answer.

I think it's a good idea to make plans for calls too. I might do that sometime soon because he has been in e good mental condition recently:3

Stay safe and healthy!

Comment

Are you able to find a free phone game the two of you can play together to get some extra time in with each other? My SO and I are both pretty busy people but every night we play games together to relax from our day and spend time together. There are a ton of free games that are available for download!
        ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

Originally posted by MsGrim View Post
          Are you able to find a free phone game the two of you can play together to get some extra time in with each other? My SO and I are both pretty busy people but every night we play games together to relax from our day and spend time together. There are a ton of free games that are available for download!
          Oh I'll check it out! I actually have downloaded some but I don't know how to play it so I asked my best friend to teach me xD But yeah, there should be more that are not complicated..

Thank you for the comment!

Comment

Working...
          X