Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice/Encouragement: COVID19 Surprises

Hello Everyone,

I am new here and I'm more than thankful that I found this site! I'm happy to use it and have my boyfriend look through it with me as well. As everyone knows, COVID19 has really shifted everyone's life so, I will try to keep this short. My boyfriend, of a little over a year, and I planned on spending the summer together. We are both college students and I live about 4 hours away from the college town that he lives in. Before school was closed in mid March, I came home for a little bit during Spring Break and went back up to stay with him and see what decisions were being made since the outbreak began. After staying with him for a week, we learned that our school was closing, all of my summer job positions were either cancelled or put on hold, and I couldn't stay on campus so, going back home was the plan. I came back home to finish off the semester online since we sometimes distract each other just a little bit and because I didn't want to be a bother to his parents since he still lives with them. Even though they love having me around, I still didn't want to intrude on anything. The semester has now come to and end and I went to see him this past week. Today, is the first day I'm back home and without him and my heartaches. I'm mostly heartbroken because last summer we hated not being with each other, but it was also just the beginning of our relationship. However, for this summer we have been planning to be together and now that has been unexpectedly taken away. I'm really trying to cope. He's back at work now after being laid off for a month, so he has a slight distraction, but I'm still sitting at home and trying to stay busy to not think about it, but it's hard so hard. I just ask for any advice and encouragement during this time. Being with my boyfriend is my happy place and I dread being home due to family issues.

Thank you,
    honey_bee19

You probably already know, but keeping yourself occupied is the best thing you can do. Pick up a new hobby or read a new book series. I was out of work for 4 weeks due to the virus and during that time I had to find things to keep my hands busy when my SO wasn't available to talk or play games with me. It drove me nuts just sitting at house all day every day with nothing to do.

Also, keep in mind that this isn't going to last forever. Hopefully everything will be back to normal soon and we can all go back to our happy places
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

I'm in a similar situation. My boyfriend and I go to the same college, but we are long distance during the summers. We live 6 hours apart, and it has been over seven weeks since we have been able to hang out in person. We discussed him possibly renting an apartment with me in my hometown for the summer, but that didn't end up working out. My advice is to try planning out your next visit. I find that knowing when you will see them again helps. There are also a lot of activities you can do together, such as video chatting, playing an online game, or watching a movie on the Netflix party app.

Comment

Working...
      X