Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gushing!

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to make a quick post and gush on my babe... for no reason, just because I love him. During this pandemic, it's been tough! I am sure you all know what I'm talking about. Anyways, my SO has been so patient with me even when his own plate is full. He knows how to calm me down and put me back on the right track (mindset, motivation, hopefulness) I am so thankful that he has walked in my life and taught me what I really needed to know about love. I thought I loved before but never anything like this. I am just thankful for all things him! He is everything I have wanted in a life partner and I can't imagine where I would be right now if I never met him. Just to have that person to go home to (virtually, of course) and share your day with each other, celebrate any accomplishments- no matter how big or small, vent to one another because we know we really care about each other and can give some of the best advice.

Tell me what you are thankful for within your own relationship. Let me hear you gush about your partner, I want to hear all the lovely details!!
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Originally posted by MsGrim View Post
    Hi everyone!

I just wanted to make a quick post and gush on my babe... for no reason, just because I love him. During this pandemic, it's been tough! I am sure you all know what I'm talking about. Anyways, my SO has been so patient with me even when his own plate is full. He knows how to calm me down and put me back on the right track (mindset, motivation, hopefulness) I am so thankful that he has walked in my life and taught me what I really needed to know about love. I thought I loved before but never anything like this. I am just thankful for all things him! He is everything I have wanted in a life partner and I can't imagine where I would be right now if I never met him. Just to have that person to go home to (virtually, of course) and share your day with each other, celebrate any accomplishments- no matter how big or small, vent to one another because we know we really care about each other and can give some of the best advice.

Tell me what you are thankful for within your own relationship. Let me hear you gush about your partner, I want to hear all the lovely details!!
    Im thankful for his patience and inconditional love. As if the pandemics was not enough, i was found a 14 cm/ 6 inch tumor on my right ovary and all the doctor could say was "im sorry there's a high chance its cancer but we'll have to perform surgery to give you a diagnosis". The main question to the doctor was if I was gonna be able to have children and his negative answer had me in tears. My SO and I dream about having a girl and I trust the lord it will happen. Im thankful because he was there from the beginning of my medical process: just being patient and knowing he is (virtually) with me solving all the doubts and insecurities I have now about the future since our dream of being parents may not happen. Now that I have the surgery done, he has given time and space to heal. I'm just really grateful for him. I can't wait to close the distance. I'm actually thinking about being the one who proposes but he is really old school so i still haven't decided.

Comment

Ohh MsGrim, so nice to read this! I’ll jump on this positive band wagon for sure!

During this pandemic, things have been mostly the same for us, but we have definitely experienced more stress due to it. I am so grateful that I have my SO in, at least, a virtual capacity. He always really listens to me and will always point out the things I overlooked or forget about. I know so much that he has my back and sometimes I just smile to myself wondering how I attracted such a strong, capable, responsible, thoughtful, sensitive and intelligent man into my life. I feel blessed every day. I don’t know when we can see each other again but I am going to use my time wisely to prepare the foundations for a life with him together, forever. He is my dream man, and I will marry him one day *gush*
      "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
      -Charles Dickens

Comment

Originally posted by tokyo blues View Post
        Im thankful for his patience and inconditional love. As if the pandemics was not enough, i was found a 14 cm/ 6 inch tumor on my right ovary and all the doctor could say was "im sorry there's a high chance its cancer but we'll have to perform surgery to give you a diagnosis". The main question to the doctor was if I was gonna be able to have children and his negative answer had me in tears. My SO and I dream about having a girl and I trust the lord it will happen. Im thankful because he was there from the beginning of my medical process: just being patient and knowing he is (virtually) with me solving all the doubts and insecurities I have now about the future since our dream of being parents may not happen. Now that I have the surgery done, he has given time and space to heal. I'm just really grateful for him. I can't wait to close the distance. I'm actually thinking about being the one who proposes but he is really old school so i still haven't decided.
        I proposed to my man, and it's the best thing I ever did. I knew after 7 weeks of talking that I wanted to marry him. When we met 9 months in, he was even better than I imagined him to be...which I thought would be impossible! He's the kindest, sweetest, most trustworthy, loyal and devoted person I have ever known. He's always there in a crisis, and supports me in everything. He's my best friend, and the only person I have ever been in love with. There is a reason I've never married. It's because I was waiting for him. I knew I'd feel it when I found him, and I finally have. I'd endure anything and everything for this man, because he is beyond worth it. He is my whole world, and everything in it. There could never be anyone else. And if circumstances ever separated us, I would stay single, because no one else would ever begin to compare, and I could never love anyone else the way I love him.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantic Crossroads View Post
          And if circumstances ever separated us, I would stay single, because no one else would ever begin to compare, and I could never love anyone else the way I love him.
          I feel this part! Silly me used to say it about all the dudes Ive been serious about but in all honesty, NONE of them have ever compared to him and the feelings I have for him. Idk, it just feels like grown up love, lol! The way you imagine it feeling when you watch those fairy tale movies. There is so much depth and contrast to our relationship and it puts me in awe!!
          ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

We are 4,016 miles apart. I have never felt his touch or looked directly into his eyes, but the way he is always there for me makes him closer to me than any distance between us. He makes me feel beautiful on a daily basis, he is patient with my flaws, he pushes me to meet my goals, and he makes me feel alive every time we talk. I am grateful for the past 10 months having him in my life. We were supposed to finally meet as the lock down started, which has made everyday of our being together on hold even harder. But he always shows me strength, he looks towards our future and keeps the spark of hope alive. When I become stressed, he is my reminder of what I am most grateful for in my life. He will always be my champion, and I his fire goddess.

Comment

Hisfiregoddess, my SO lives in Germany too! Welcome to the forum
              "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
              -Charles Dickens

Comment

The last time he was here, my SO and I got into a stupid argument (very important at the time of course). I went out to sleep on the couch. He came later and just took my arm and brought me back to the bedroom. I still was mad so I grabbed a blanket and slept on the floor at the foot of the bed. I woke up in the middle of the night and looked over to see him sleeping on the floor alongside the bed. He said later he didn't feel right sleeping on the bed if I wasn't. ��
                Always so caring, even when I'm unreasonable...I'm crazy blessed.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by autumn1790 View Post
                  The last time he was here, my SO and I got into a stupid argument (very important at the time of course). I went out to sleep on the couch. He came later and just took my arm and brought me back to the bedroom. I still was mad so I grabbed a blanket and slept on the floor at the foot of the bed. I woke up in the middle of the night and looked over to see him sleeping on the floor alongside the bed. He said later he didn't feel right sleeping on the bed if I wasn't. ��
                  Always so caring, even when I'm unreasonable...I'm crazy blessed.
                  You've reminded me of our last visit. I got up in the night and shut myself in the bathroom to cry. He woke up, and knocked on the door, and I let him in. I fell back on the floor in tears, and he joined me down there and just held me in his arms. Of course, that then made me cry more!

Comment

Working...
                  X