Marriage talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marriage talk

Do you guys talk about marriage with your SO?
    Or for those who are married now, did you guys talk about it before the engagement?
    Would love to hear about your stories!

Yes, we mentioned it a few times.

What surprised me however was when my SO was sick and her brother texted me. He asked if I was his future brother-in-law (to make sure he was texting the right person).

I didn't know that my SO had talked to him that much, since we had known each other only 4 months at the time.

Comment

Yes, I often talk about it because it's exciting and it's how we're closing the distance.
      We've debated where to marry as it's more complicated and expensive to marry in our settlement country of choice. I've gone back and forth with many things about the actual day, but I've managed to stick to a date.

Comment

We do, and we've been together for a year now!

Though we talk more about having children than getting married, but we still do.
        And i always think about how funny it will be since i'm an atheist (and so is my family) when he comes from a very religious family... Organising this day will be something i think!

Comment

We are engaged so speak about it a bit but haven't started making any solid plans. I show him pics of what I like and have a pinterest board of ideas. He jokes that he isn't going to wear something multicoloured (in his head he thinks that I am going to have him wearing some multicoloured outfit). We want a fusion wedding. Its interesting when you then learn about cultural differences with regards to weddings. Like he seems to think that we should be paying for people's accomodation whereas for me that isnt how it works. Plus he said that his Mum wouldnt come to the actual ceremony part as that would be considered bad luck.

Comment

Working...
          X