EU proposes to lift travel ban for 14 countries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU proposes to lift travel ban for 14 countries

I tried to post a link to the official EU website but was not allowed. Anyway, the good news is that the EU proposes to lift the ban for non essential travel to EU countries from the following list of 14 countries:
    Algeria
    Australia
    Canada
    Georgia
    Japan
    Montenegro
    Morocco
    New Zealand
    Rwanda
    Serbia
    South Korea
    Thailand
    Tunisia
    Uruguay
    China, subject to confirmation of reciprocity

The decision was announced today. The memberstates still have to implement this, but certainly schengen countries will adopt this is one go. Keep in mind that when returning back from the EU, the countries may still have quarantine measures in place. For some of us good news.

That will be good news for LDRs in those countries. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

My SO is in Germany, and I am in Australia, so this sounds like good news for us!
      "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
      -Charles Dickens

Comment

That is good news then. Keep an eye on how Germany will implement the EU decision. Here in Belgium per example they have announced that the ban will be lifted only as of July 7th. If there will be any measures related to the travellers from these countries is also not yet clear (like a valid test before travel). I would expect that whatever is put in place wil at least be the same for all Schengen countries. But for sure you will be able to travel to Germany soon. My SO is in Thailand. She can travel here now but would still be facing state quarantine when returning. So far we have planned for her to come over end of August. Fingers crossed there is no lock down then due to a second wave....

Comment

I really thought we wouldn't be able to travel this soon. I am so surprised. We were planning on him flying to me again. I'm not sure if we will change our plans...
          "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
          -Charles Dickens

Comment

Working...
          X