Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling separation anxiety in LDR

Hi,
    Few days back, I came to my hometown because of further studies. Before that, I was living with my boyfriend. I got addicted to him.
    Now, at home I don't feel like doing anything and I feel like I want to talk to anybody. I barely talk to my parents or friends as I started feeling sad.
    I miss him a lot and I cry a lot. I can't able to study and having constant thoughts of running from house.
    Because of coronavirus, he can't come to meet me. I don't know what to do or how to handle myself in the absence of him.

Can you text him? Do video chat? Or just an old fashioned voice call?

Communication is far more important in a LDR than in a close-by relationship.

You have to tell him your feelings. How do you know that he doesn't feel the same?

When I am feeling down about my SO being gone (15 months now!) I found the best way to get over it is to GET UP AND DO SOMETHING!! It doesn't matter what. JUST DO IT! Hobbies? Housework? Take a walk? Go to lunch with friends?

The worse thing you can do is isolate yourself.

Comment

I understand. Saying goodbye is always the hardest part, especially when you don't know when you'll be able to physically see each other again... The last time I had to say goodbye to my boyfriend at the airport, I was crying so much that til this day I don't know how the airport personnel allowed me to get on the plane, lol. It definitely feels like you're leaving a part of yourself behind, but please remember that it is only one part of you. You decided to come back home to further your studies, be it because you want a better future with your degree or because it is your passion, there is a reason and it's worth it!!

Also, to add to Jim's post, I'm sure your boyfriend is missing you just as much as you're missing him (if not more!!). Get in contact with him and plan a time to talk once a day, or set aside some time during the weekend to stream a movie together or have a cooking-together date. Having something to look forward to has always helped me cheer up and feel the distance just a little less. Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X