Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LDR - How Long can one stay in one without physically be together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR - How Long can one stay in one without physically be together?

Hello, So I've been in a LDR for slightly over a year now and throughout that that time communication (texts, audio & video calls) has been good and regular and we do a lot of fun stuff together (at least that which is possible over phone/text or face-time). It's been pretty great. I love her and I know she feels the same way. But like every LDR there are moments when one gets *THOSE* questions about the near or distant future. She's almost 25 and due to certain circumstances, we may not physically be together for the next 2-3 or 4 years most probably (we in different continents atm) and knowing how age is most often an issue for some ladies (esp'lly in the African culture, which we both are), though I love her and definitely plan on being with her and taking that next step as soon as we can be together, I'm asking and hoping she can wait for me but I don't know if I'm asking too much of her knowing she has to put her life on hold if you know what I mean, like turn down any other advances from any other guy be it a fling or someone seriously interested in her. I'm I asking too much of her by telling her to wait that long? I know there must be times when she worries about the possibility of her waiting and then eventually I end up with someone else leaving her regretting about the time she spent waiting. Personally I know I want to keep going until or unless our relationship comes to a 'natural end' but I just wanna get some advice too from others about this sort of thing. PS: This is my first ever LDR and it's also my most serious relationship ever but the uncertainty of the future brings in alotta questions and doubts. Will really appreciate every reply. Thanks

My opinion is that if you love someone that you dont think about putting your life on hold for them. Long distance is hard, but I think you know if you have found the right person and you cant imagine being with someone else so you just do what you have to do to be with them.

Comment

This question is usually answered case-by-case. If both parties are up for the sacrifice, it can work. Don't know which country in Africa you guys are from, but it's very relatable! With the all the doubts that you are experiencing, perhaps coming up with a plan to close the gap in the next few months/years can help you overcome the temporary waves of anxious feelings we sometimes experience. All the best bro.

Comment

Working...
      X