Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you feel when you met your long distance bf/gf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you feel when you met your long distance bf/gf?

hello everyone!

Me and my long distance SO have been speaking for the past few months exclusively and have expressed interest in each other and talk every day. Because of covid we were not able to see one another for many months... we started speaking after meeting in January..
    We were able to see each other last month, and even the trip went great we are left confused about how to feel about one another. We thought that we would miss the other person more or be more sure of where we are headed or where we stand, but we don't. Is this normal after seeing someone again after months of talking (talking every day, zoom and phone calls). Do we just need to see each other again for that in person bond? The trip went great and there were no issues that came up, and we had a lot of fun together. If anyone else has similar experiences that can walk me through this that would be greatly appreciated.

I would say to not base anything off of the first meeting. There can be a lot of mixed emotions with the first meeting, like anxiety, nerves, excitement, etc. Personally, I wanted to see my SO again soon after the first meeting, but that's just me and my relationship is different from yours. You should talk it out and decide if you want to see each other again, maybe you will know for sure after another visit. It could be that you are not focused on another visit right now because of everything going on that's pandemic related. Before my last visit, we didn't know when we were going to see each other again so I was more focused on keeping the relationship healthy and fun. As soon as we figured out how possible it was to be together again, all I could think about was being with him again.

Let me ask you.. How would you feel if you and your SO were to end things right now? It could be that you are just moving at a slower pace, and that's perfectly fine! My SO and I have been together for a little over a year and we are moving at snail speed lol!
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

I was very nervous in the first hour or two while we were in public view. I didn't feel super excited or anything too strange. It already felt like I knew her. I just didn't know how to act around her in person and I hate the public eye. By the time we got to our room and had some alone time that all went away. Every day from then on was natural and we were always very close.
      First contact: March, 2014
      Official LDR: June, 2014
      Married since: August, 2017
      “有一种幸福就是每天睁开眼睛,就知道你在。” -Xinxin

Comment

Working...
      X