Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overthinking or is it valid?

I need advice please. Anyone help.
    Im not sure if im overthinking. Im in an LDR for only a year and a half now. Weve only seen each other twice the entire time. So this is the issue. When she comes here, she wants to spend the entire time going out and touring and seeing new places and things. My thing is, why cant she focus on me. Why cant i be the priority since im the reason shes coming here in the first place. Her response is why cant it be both.
    In my head, we barely have been able to be with each other and why doesnt she just want to be with me. Why is going out and touring the same importance as being with me. She says she wants to experience new things with me by her side.
    I get her point. But in my head, if i am not your one and only priority seeing as we should just be consumed with each other at this point in our relationship, then maybe im the only one thats really inlove in this relationship.
    Am i being selfish? Am i just overthinking things?

Please. Anyone help?

I definitely think you are overthinking this... I would LOVE to see new places and experience new things with my babe. Simply put, it's all about making new memories together because when you are apart, those memories are going to be what you hold close to you, right? Remembering the things you've done together.

I can see your point of view as well.. While going out is fun and all, there is nothing better than laying in bed together doing nothing other than snuggling. Compromises can be made here. You can both get what you want and need out of the visits... You just need a balance. Tell her what you need and how you feel. That is the only way you will stop feeling the way you do. "Hey babe, after we do some sight seeing, can we just relax and snuggle together to end the night." No way she will say no to that.

It's not fair to say you are the only one in love. You can't think like that. Maybe that is her love language.
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

A lot of times im really in my head too much because im so afraid of getting hurt.
      Thank you so much for taking the time. I really appreciate this. Its cleared it out for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielle43 View Post
        because im so afraid of getting hurt.
        I think a lot of people who have experienced pain from relationships have a fear of getting hurt. But you can't let that stop you from progressing with someone new Glad I could help!!
        ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

Working...
        X