Feeling so helpless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling so helpless

I feel like my SO is having a hard time with some things he's got going on. He's got 2 major exams that he is prepping for by the end of October (final exams for med school). His parents (dad more than mom) can be a little over-bearing. Being stuck at home due to COVID. Online classes. Not being able to be together, and to pile on top of everything, the stress of telling his parents about us and their reactions. It's been 5+ months since we have been together with the uncertainty of when we will be together again.

I just want to make him feel better. I sometimes can feel his stress through messages and I hate that he's feeling so much of it. There isn't much I can do because his parents won't know about us until after his exams so I am stuck on ways to help him out. We can't call much since he is currently living with them, hell I can't tell you the last time we actually spoke on the phone We still message throughout the day and our usual games at night, but idk how long we can manage this. Neither of us are giving up on the relationship but we are just struggling right now with the distance.

I feel so helpless and just want to hold him so tight. I can't send him packages, can't call him... UGH! There is only so much support that can be given via messaging. I want to do more for him but I am at a loss on what that entails with everything that's going on right now. If we could just manage to be together for ONE weekend I think it would help both of us out tremendously! But that's near impossible right now. I needed some place to vent this out. No one in my circle TRULY understand other than him and you lovely people.
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Hi Ms Grim, I know how hard it can be and I really feel for you.
    The covid uncertainty makes things so much more difficult. I had a plan with my SO to visit her in November for her birthday but the borders are still closed and as we get closer I am loosing hope that they will be open in time. Sometimes I feel strong as an ox, I know I can wait as long as it takes and that she is worth it. But sometime it is so hard, I don't want to quit, am still 100% committed... but it is so hard and I miss her and just want to be with her.
    I am lucky because we get to video chat 2-3 times a week so I feel for you being so limited, althought texts are better than nothing and it sounds good that you get them daily.
    One thought I had... would it be possible for you SO to get a PO Box so you could mail each other and his parents wouldn't find out? I don't think the are very expensive.
    Good luck

Comment

Thanks for responding! Things have been better since I made this post. Funny enough, we managed to sneak in a call that very night and had so much fun talking <3 I reallllly missed his voice and hearing it instantly made me feel better. Not sure about the PO box thing, I could ask him about it though! Also thought about an Amazon locker so that I could send him some things.

I feel like we are teenagers who are forbidden to date When we were on call he said "I love you" at a volume someone in the next room could have definitely heard. I gasped and he laughed cause he knew why I had that reaction. Just a cute moment between us that I wanted to share
      ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

That's lovely MsGrim and I'm really happy for you.
        I used to have to arrange call times so my SO could sneak off to her car or go to the park because she wasn't ready to tell he family about me yet. Things got a lot easier once she told them so I'm sure they will for you too. We still feel like naughty teenagers sometimes :-)

Comment

I understand how hard it can be... I have similar situation. But, please, stay strong. We all can do this and overcome difficulties!

Comment

Working...
          X