I don’t know what to do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t know what to do.

Hi, I’ve been in a LDR with my boyfriend for about two years now. Ever since we broke up a year ago, there have been a few issues here and there. One of those issues were the fact that when I brought up my feelings about something, he would think it’s fight and close up. We have talked about it and he’s slowly trying to fix it. Just this year has been really hard for us especially with COVID and us becoming busy with our schedule. I’ve just graduated and he just started university.

The past two weeks have been rough on us. We couldn’t spend that much time together and couldn’t rlly be affectionate because we were so busy. Now yesterday, I asked him now we’re done if we could return to how we were before we got busy. I guess for him that was the last straw because he thought we were fighting again. He said he’s lost feelings for me. That he can’t imagine me being there the next day. That he can’t remember the good times. I know I should probably just end it off but it’s too hard for me. I’m also just really confused because while he said what he said yesterday, I asked him to stay until November because it may be truly because we’ve been busy with stuff that we’ve lost our touch. He agreed to stay. So now, he’s still here with me but obviously he’s not as affectionate; he doesn’t say things like I love you anymore. I don’t know if I’m just being stupid or I don’t know.

I don’t know if it’s important but he also has self esteem issues. That when we fight, he feels inadequate and insufficient in our relationship.

One thing I've learned is that you cannot make someone stay in a relationship. It would be better if you allowed him to walk away like he wants to. Asking him to stay when he doesn't really want to might just push him away further, making him feel like he is stuck; nothing good normally comes out of that.
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

Hi. Well, the guy obviously is not mature enough to take these matters seriously. U R barking up the wrong tree. How do U expect him to love you back, when he doesn't love himself? He has serious issues he needs help with. He clearly cannot live up to a caring supportive boyfriend. It's hard, but U gotta let go of him and find another nicer guy.

Comment

Working...
      X