Is the end of our LDR ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the end of our LDR ?

I would like to ask you guys your advices and opinions about us ...

I am giving a shot ...

Well me and my 'bf' been together 1.5y, 8 months LDR. ( we didnt met since March due to Covid)
    Since 2 months he changed his behaviour towards me. The communication became less and less, he was not excited as before, and in october he asked me for slowing down our things,(means 10 min texting a day, maybe a video call during the weekend) we were too intense (he told this).

3-4 days ago he asked me for space for a couple days, and said he needs to recharge his batteries and he feels drained in every aspect of his life.

I think I was a tiny bit ignorant about him asking space stuff since August, bcs he still were texting me every day!

I think I am just about making peace with myself, letting him go, bcs he kept me several times in limbo ... if i think of our history.

bests,
    H

What else does he have going on in his life? Could be that he's just got a lot going on. Its important to communicate and see where you are and try to get on the same page. If he is wanting to step away, then he needs to tell you this sooner rather than later so you're not wandering around in thoughts all day long.
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

To be honest I dont know.
      He stopped opening up for me since August.
      Although, he only says he is busy and tired and has no time for me talk ...
      I tried to communicative with him, to be on the same page. My worries, dreams, expectations etc. He only said every time : ' Can we not get into this right now?'

I am not sure how long I should wait. Or just make a choice and stick with it.

Comment

I think you've waited long enough to be honest.. Longer than I would have waited if my SO had closed up to me with no intention of talking about anything. Tell him no next time he says 'Can we not get into this right now?' because your needs matter too. You're 1/2 of the relationship and it sounds like its pretty one sided.
        ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

1.5 years is a fairly long time to have been together. Has he told you that he loves you? When was the last time he told you? Has anything in his life changed since August? I agree with MsGrim that communication is important. Although, believe me, I know that can be hard sometimes. Perhaps just ask him straight, "Do you want to end our relationship?"

At least he will hopefully give you a straight answer if you are direct like that, and you will no longer feel in limbo. I know how hard it can be to face up to things like this though. Good luck!
          "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
          -Charles Dickens

Comment

We never said each other that we love each other, just that we really like each other and this was in September.

Now we didn’t talk since five days at all .
            This never happened before.

I was thinking to ask him once he contacts me again because I want to respect his space but I guess he is just about to close the relationship, being a coward.

Since August I try to explain him how I feel and he was texting me more frequently after an argument, but then I couldn’t keep his attention for a long time. So every two weeks we had the same conversation basically what I initiated but he never wanted to talk about it ...

Comment

Working...
            X