My SO has Covid!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SO has Covid!

At least I think she does. She hasn't been tested yet, and is afraid to go get a test.

If I understand it, anyone that gets a Covid test is isolated for a few days. Then if it is positive there is a 14 day quarantine.

I don't want her to be quarantined, but I have been trying to tell her to go and have it checked. It would be better to know and get treatment than to worry about it and have it get worse.

So far she only has a runny nose, headache, weakness, and a fever (37.9c/100.2f).

But if it wasn't for the [EXPLETIVE DELETED] embassy in Manila, she would have had her replacement passport and be safely back here in Ohio a long time ago. Although, statistically speaking, you are more likely to catch Covid here than in the Philippines.

Sorry to hear that OhioJim. I hope she makes a quick recovery and that she gets her passport very soon.

Comment

I second what D_M said. I hope she has a speedy recovery, and gets back on track soon. She should definitely get tested!
      "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
      -Charles Dickens

Comment

Hope she got tested. Quarantine sucks but not quarantining is worse! And no place is safe unforuantely :/

It also sucks that you couldn't be together due to bureaucracy. Hope all gets better soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rezie View Post
          Hope she got tested. Quarantine sucks but not quarantining is worse! And no place is safe unforuantely :/

It also sucks that you couldn't be together due to bureaucracy. Hope all gets better soon.
          It has been 3 days since I have heard from her.

The last thing I heard is that she went to the hospital and they put her in isolation while they investigate. Her fever was 39.1c/102.4f at that time. They did a nose swab, but I am already certain that she has covid.

She took her laptop with her, but is allowed to use it only a half hour a day. Since I have heard nothing for these 3 days, does that mean she is worse and they won't let her?

Comment

Finally heard from my SO today.

She is still in the hospital but it doing better. At least her fever is coming down. I expect her to be there at least through next week.

Comment

Is it covid? Did she get the results?

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
                Is it covid? Did she get the results?
                Yes, she has it.

Not only that, they now say that she has Pneumonia. Not the serious kind (yet), but I am glad she is being taken care of.

Comment

God, how stressful for you OhioJim. This must be so hard for you, being apart during this time, and so little contact too! I hope she gets better soon, and that you can catch up with her!
                  "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
                  -Charles Dickens

Comment

So hard when your SO is going through health issues, grief etc and you are so far apart. I feel for you OhioJim.

Comment

Thanks to all of you for your kind words!

I was reading about Covid pneumonia (and my SO has told me I think too much!!). Many patients don't know there is a problem until it is almost too late, then end up in ICU on a ventilator.

I hope and pray that my SO got to the hospital soon enough. She was there 3 days before they said she had pneumonia.

Comment

Bad news.

Got a text from my SO. It was a surprise because it was 1:00am for her.

She was upset. The doctor had just told her that she has developed complications. Besides the Covid pneumonia there is something going on with her brain and spinal cord. She was too upset to listen and understand everything they said.

There have been cases where Covid has caused Transverse Myelitis. This is bad. There is no cure for Myelitis. The only question is (if that is what she has) how much damage is done before they can stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioJim View Post
                          Bad news.

Got a text from my SO. It was a surprise because it was 1:00am for her.

She was upset. The doctor had just told her that she has developed complications. Besides the Covid pneumonia there is something going on with her brain and spinal cord. She was too upset to listen and understand everything they said.

There have been cases where Covid has caused Transverse Myelitis. This is bad. There is no cure for Myelitis. The only question is (if that is what she has) how much damage is done before they can stop it.
                          I’m so sorry to hear this don’t lose hope, miracles can happen and she can completely recover. Best wishes for her speedy recovery and strength to manage through these difficult times.

Comment

I agree with LisaS. Stay hopeful. And try and find out exactly what she has, if it is definitely Myelitis.
                            Also, I don't know if you have it there, but here in Australia there is a medical helpline. I used it the other day to ask how to support my SO and something she was going through and they were able to clarify a lot of what was going on and made things a lot clearer and easier for me (in dealing with my SO's pain and helping her).

Comment

Thanks, LisaS and D_M!

D_M: I am in the USA and she is in the Philippines, so a medical helpline here would be of little use, I think. And an international phone call would be very expensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X