Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sad and all alone now. SO, when are you coming back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad and all alone now. SO, when are you coming back?

I had my dog put to sleep today. He was over 15 years old and had multiple health problems.

Congestive heart failure, thyroid, and the latest thing was loosing function in his hind legs.

He had trouble standing up. I had to pick him up and put him on a carpet, then he could walk but was unsteady. This morning I put him outside. When I went to check on him he was laying in the snow unable to move, so I dressed in a hurry so I could rescue him. That was when i decided to take him to the vet.

The vet said that he had a neurological problem in both hind legs. And fluid buildup in his abdomen.

It was time. I didn't want him to get any worse.

I cried for about 20 minutes. Then had lunch with a friend, which cheered me up.

He was such a good dog. Even the vet said he was the best behaved Cocker Spaniel he has seen.

Now I am all alone here in a house too big for one person. I wish my SO would get better so she can come back.
    Last edited by OhioJim; February 2, 2021, 01:12 PM.

So sorry OhioJim, losing a pet can be very hard as they become our close companions, best friends... and after 15 years I am sure you must be feeling his loss all the more.
    This is such a hard time for you right now even though it will pass. I hope you and your SO are reunited very soon.

Comment

Thank you D_M!

Comment

Oh gosh, big hugs to you. Losing a companion like that is heartbreaking. For 15 years you gave your dog a wonderful life. The pain of the loss will ease with time. Surround yourself with your friends as much as possible!
        "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
        -Charles Dickens

Comment

So sorry for your loss! I had to put my moms 17 year old cat down last year and it was so hard to do... I grew up with that cat for the most part of my life, they become your family.. Sending hugs to you and prayers for your SO!
          ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

Working...
          X