Last minute cancelations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last minute cancelations

God I hate this. And sorry, this is a bit of a rant. I realize others are in worse situations. But anyway...

I was due to video chat with my SO this evening. I'd been looking forward to it all day, for the last 4 days, and it would probably be our only chance to talk for the next week. I have various other stresses going on at the moment so I was hanging on this...

Just as I'm logging on to see if she was online I got a text saying her family have turned up for dinner so we won't be able to chat.

I expect her to prioritize her family and the people who are there in real life but talk about short notice. Sometimes I feel like I am at the back of the queue in terms of her priorities. And it's always her that does a late cancellation, for various reasons.

I have no doubt she loves me, and I love her, and in every other way we seem so perfect for each other but this one thing does my head in sometimes. I was so pissed off (for missing out more than at her) and I don't want to put it in text because that can be a slippery slope. But I will say this next time I talk to her whenever that will be.

Argh, so frustrating. I have to admit lately I have become completely over LDR. I love my SO and am 100% committed to her, but this has been a long period of distance and I am over it.

Anyway. Thanks for indulging me. I had to get that off my chest.

If this is something that she does often and you are feeling upset about it, you should talk to her and tell her how you feel. Even if it is a slippery slope, its a conversation that has to be had before any feelings of resentment start to brew. Hang in there <3
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

Pretty much what I was going to say, MsGrim.

I have noticed that 75% of the questions on LFAD have to do with fear and worry. It is far better to talk openly with your SO about a problem. Believe me, whatever the outcome the fear and worry about it is far worse!

Comment

We did talk, thanks. I told her I understood how family etc can turn up unexpectedly but I would have much prefered a quick phone call rather than a text. She understood and she is a compassionate person. In the heat of a moment she will forget though. I think this is something I have to accept about her.
        And I agree, the worse is the fear and anxiety. I have had my fair share of that, but in this case I didn't fear she was cheating or losing interest. I was frustrated and upset to miss her, but in large part it was out of her control. too. So all I asked for is a phone call next time, makes all the difference I think.

Comment

It is great that you have chosen to to her about this issue and I hope you have understood how relaxing it could be.

However, I feel like I should advice you to keep doing this, talking to her openly whenever you have suspicions otherwise it could end up thinking non-stop and having anxiety.

Comment

Working...
          X