Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checking in

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in a while and I just wanted to say hello to everyone and see how you all are doing?

I went through a pretty tough month with my SO. I discovered more emotional issues I have to work through and it has caused a lot of stress and strain on my relationship. In a few days, it will be 1 year since we last were able to embrace each other. I still remember us both shedding tears at the airport and telling each other "I love you" before he had to pull himself away from me at the terminal. I walked away having no other connection to him other than his jacket wrapped around me. Neither one of us realised what the year ahead would be like and how the ongoing separation would be. But we all feel this way, right?

Things are not going so well for him over in Germany regarding Covid. They don't have enough vaccines and they have entered another "wave" with further lockdowns and restrictions. It's very bad for morale over there. I wish I could just scoop him up and bring him to Australia, where the situation is far far better, relatively. I still have absolutely zero indication when we might possibly be able to even see each other again.

Anyway, we are still together and we still love each other, which is the main thing. My task now is to keep things positive because there was some toxic negativity between us due to pain and frustration. I want to make us stronger so we can endure everything we need to. We have been together for 2.5 years now
    "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
    -Charles Dickens

One year, that’s rough, we’re going on six months and that has been hard enough. We’ve had our ups and downs this past while, but some positives seem to be showing through, he’s posting our visa application tomorrow which is very exciting, and so the wait begins I suppose, which is also nerve wracking. If everything goes well we should be seeing each other again in just under two months. In the U.K. we seem to be in an never ending lockdown which really beats the good spirits out of you, I don’t see it ending any time soon, it’s supposed to be end of April but I’ve given up listening, it just keeps getting extended over and over. Luckily though lockdown or not I should be able to see my boyfriend as he would still be able to enter the country, as our country has been a lot less strict than others regarding border closures. So I suppose in that respect it’s good. Hopefully by summertime you and your partner can find a window of opportunity to see one another again, I can’t even imagine a year apart and I hope I never have to. Best wishes.

Comment

Great to hear from you Vivid_Idea. I'd noticed your absence and was worried things were difficult. I'm so glad to read you have come out strong.
      Yep these times are truly tough. I am really sick of the long distance rollercoaster and have been through some time of LD fatigue, although I am definitely not sick of my SO... stuff for another thread :-)
      Anyway, I'm very glad that you're making it through. I think if you have love, real love, that is the most rare and precious thing and so worth fighting for.
      I hope the vaccines roll out quickly. Sounds like a mess in Europe but at least they are moving in the right direction.
      And I hope you get to do something nice for your 1 year anniversary.

And Woweth, congrats on the visa application. I hope it all goes smoothly and you're in the US in no time :-)

Comment

Working...
      X