Long time - how long has it been

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long time - how long has it been

I Havent seen my fiance for 12 months now since the 7 march 2020 at Melbourne airport . Im so sad not knowing when we can be together again .,so important to keep believing that it will be soon . ❤️Love conquers all . ❤️

In another month it will be 2 years for us. Half of that is because of Covid.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioJim View Post
      In another month it will be 2 years for us. Half of that is because of Covid.
      That Sucks , how are you coping ? Im in Norway and my guy is in Australia . So the covid travel restrictions suck for sure . Hang in there❤️

Comment

Originally posted by Jen72 View Post
        That Sucks , how are you coping ? Im in Norway and my guy is in Australia . So the covid travel restrictions suck for sure . Hang in there❤️
        It is hard. Sometimes I find myself wondering if it is worth it, but we can't pick and choose our circumstances. It is more important how we deal with them.

I'm in the USA and my SO is in the Philippines. She went there 2 years ago to be with her mother that had major heart surgery. My SO would have been back here a year ago except for the virus.

Now my SO is in the hospital herself recovering from a serious case of Covid! She has been there almost 3 months. Feeling good now and I hope will be out soon. She so much wants to get back here.

Comment

It is hard. Sometimes I find myself wondering if it is worth it, but we can't pick and choose our circumstances. It is more important how we deal with them.

I'm in the USA and my SO is in the Philippines. She went there 2 years ago to be with her mother that had major heart surgery. My SO would have been back here a year ago except for the virus.

Now my SO is in the hospital herself recovering from a serious case of Covid! She has been there almost 3 months. Feeling good now and I hope will be out soon. She so much wants to get back here.
          Thats so terrible , i know what you mean , me and my partner often get that way. I think it goes with the situation. We are both soon 50!and we are ready to commit so we endure this situation . If u feel and think that way then id concider being open with ir SO , and never hide it . I personaly think once you have found love , you hang on to it no matter what . As being alone is not that all great either

Comment

That is very tough for you Jen72. This is a great place here. I have found so much support here from people in such similar situations. You're not alone in this :-)

Comment

Yes , i think we need the reminder that we are not the only ones to be in this struggle . So im glad to come here now and vent a little or offer some reassuranse to others . So thank you for listening

Comment

It sucks how relationships like ours have been effected by COVID. I haven't seen my Fiance in over a year and it is getting so hard. He had a trip planned to come see me and a week before he was supposed to come the boarder closed and no more international travel was allowed. I miss him and his kids so much and not knowing when we are going to be able to see eachother again is so hard.

Comment

2 days ago marks our 1 year anniversary since last seeing each other. So, officially, more than a year now :/
                  "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
                  -Charles Dickens

Comment

Originally posted by Buttonflower View Post
                    It sucks how relationships like ours have been effected by COVID. I haven't seen my Fiance in over a year and it is getting so hard. He had a trip planned to come see me and a week before he was supposed to come the boarder closed and no more international travel was allowed. I miss him and his kids so much and not knowing when we are going to be able to see eachother again is so hard.
                    I read recently that some countries Are now making exceptions for peopla in our situation .its a whole movement . I wish id Kept the link now . Hang in there we can do this . If we can survive ldr and covid restrictions then think how easy like will be afterwards . We will be bulletproof to all the Daily stoff .

Comment

That is hard .the One Year date. Mine was on the 7 march . And its ben a few tuff weeks for sure. Hang in there and we Are all in this together . So om so glad i Have foundationen you all . Seriously Iver ben doing this for 5 years and Iver been needing to relate to others . Like me so i can cope better. So we can do this , have faith ..

Comment

I was thinking about this last night....

We are fortunate that we have modern technology. Consider 200 years ago. If you are working on a sailing ship you might be gone for months or years with no way at all of contacting your SO!

Comment

I was thinking about this last night....

We are fortunate that we have modern technology. Consider 200 years ago. If you are working on a sailing ship you might be gone for months or years with no way at all of contacting your SO!
                          So true . We say that to each other all the time .. he he thank God its not those days , but i reakon they had a different mentality. They could endure absense from there spouses , it was a normal thing. Now we are so fortunate we have everything but the ability to cope . Hm so we should adapt knowing one day it will be worth it . Hm im just finished thinking that as a woman my emotions need to calm down and i should just embrace the love and be grateful that i have such a wonderful partner . Put my whole heart in trusting im not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Buttonflower View Post
                            Its so sad I know , I feel like im in limbo waiting for life to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Jen72 View Post
                              So true . We say that to each other all the time .. he he thank God its not those days , but i reakon they had a different mentality. They could endure absense from there spouses , it was a normal thing. Now we are so fortunate we have everything but the ability to cope . Hm so we should adapt knowing one day it will be worth it . Hm im just finished thinking that as a woman my emotions need to calm down and i should just embrace the love and be grateful that i have such a wonderful partner . Put my whole heart in trusting im not alone.
                              It seems that as our ability to communicate gets better, our patience, endurance, and understanding has got worse!

Comment

Working...
                              X