Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How it feels like when it comes to a cross-country relationship for 5 years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How it feels like when it comes to a cross-country relationship for 5 years.

I’m a Chinese. He is an American.

I only can speak easy English and teach him Chinese.

We Have been together for 5 years, more we are not together literally for the most of time.
Then what kind of strength supports us? For love, belief, persistence, and trust.

Even people didn’t believe we would have a happy ending, but I still decided to commit to it since I met him.

Here are the stories that happened in my cross-country relationship for 5 years.

W
    e know each other for “One night stand,”
My roommate went out for a date, time for me to open Tinder for browsing eggplants again.
I had registered Tinder for almost 1 month for looking for a person who was possible to teach me English, but natives unmatched me once they noticed my intention. People from other countries have strong accents. It left me not much choice.

Luckily there was an American kept in touch with me. but he just asked me to go to a car and said just to know each other more.

Cmon, 1 am? Meeting in a bar? To know each other more? You must be kidding me.

(Found a pic that I took for my dormitory)

The American asked why I didn’t reply to him the next morning.
I
    decided to make it straight: Do you want to have one night stand?

He replied to me after a while: Yea?

Yea, not surprised: I’m sorry, but actually I’m looking for someone who can practise me my English.

He replied fast this time: Whatsapp.

He told me his real name on Whatsapp, Jack. Even we had been talking on Tinder for almost 1 month, but I got to say this bro was quite slow compared to other men.
    Normally those men like to send you pics of their eggplants. But he liked saying Hello, how are you once a week, then nothing more, like deep flirting, just a grandpa on Tinder. But I wasn’t surprised he asked me to go to a bar suddenly, it surprised me he asked me for this after 1 month.

We didn’t talk about one night stand anymore on Whatsapp, I mean, at least we pretended that word never showed up.
    We started learning languages from one another.
The truth is that he learned his minor in Chinese. He had the foundation for it. But what he wanted to express was more than what he knew, so there were always a lot of ridiculous jokes happened.

For example, it was the anxious phase of the presidential election. He said why those two people keep having Koujiāo (blowjob)while we talked in Chinese.

I was like?????? Blowjob? Those two candidates were in that kind of relationship? And they did on TV? Maybe they were right, Americans are really too open.

But after a while I realized, actually, he wanted to say Koujiǎo (quarrel)

Even I told him many times about the difference between those two words but seemed like it was quite hard for him to remember, that’s why it happened again when we met for the first time.
Working...
X