Relocating but not living together immediately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relocating but not living together immediately

My partner and I have been talking for a year, but didn't see each other in person until 4 months ago, we've both spent time at each other's houses, the time for moving I think is fast approaching, but I think it might be better for me to find my own place and see how dating like normal people goes.

I have adult children that I'd be leaving behind as well, so not sure how the guilts would go there. 😳

Any advice on whether it's better to move into my own place or together would be great

Wow , you are so lucky to have this opportunity . Im so happy for you ❤️ Well in honesty if you still require your own space I think its fine to want your own place , but there again relocating ,for love should be fully commited. Just go For it 100% full in , the quicker you find out if its right for you ,the better . If you move in with him then its easier to move out if it doesnt work out, i know that sounds harsh but as the saying goes « you dont know a person until you live with them «. So the quicker the better .
    Can I ask how old you are ? And the distance or country you guys live in ?
    Im just curious how big a relocation is involved , is it different countries , states ?
    Thanks

Comment

You say you have known each other for only a year, and in person only 4 months ago? Some may disagree with me, but I think that is too soon to move in together.

Are you moving to his/her area, or is he/she moving to yours? Whichever way it is it might be better to rent an apartment or house. Something you can get out of easily, instead of buying.

Of course, every person and every situation is different. No one on this forum is going to tell you what to do. We can only give advice or say what we would do. The decision is entirely yours.

Good luck, whichever way you decide.

Comment

Renting is a good option , im a big romantic so id leap at the chance to could rent beside my LDR .

Comment

Originally posted by Jen72 View Post
          Wow , you are so lucky to have this opportunity . Im so happy for you ❤️ Well in honesty if you still require your own space I think its fine to want your own place , but there again relocating ,for love should be fully commited. Just go For it 100% full in , the quicker you find out if its right for you ,the better . If you move in with him then its easier to move out if it doesnt work out, i know that sounds harsh but as the saying goes « you dont know a person until you live with them «. So the quicker the better .
          Can I ask how old you are ? And the distance or country you guys live in ?
          Im just curious how big a relocation is involved , is it different countries , states ?
          Thanks
          We're both 50 this year and it's relocating to a different state, we live an 11 hour drive from each other

Comment

Originally posted by OhioJim View Post
            You say you have known each other for only a year, and in person only 4 months ago? Some may disagree with me, but I think that is too soon to move in together.

Are you moving to his/her area, or is he/she moving to yours? Whichever way it is it might be better to rent an apartment or house. Something you can get out of easily, instead of buying.

Of course, every person and every situation is different. No one on this forum is going to tell you what to do. We can only give advice or say what we would do. The decision is entirely yours.

Good luck, whichever way you decide.
            Oh forgot to mention we went to school together so have known each other for a while on and off.

But I'd be the one moving, and I'm thinking more that to move into a place of my own is probably the best idea

Comment

Im going to be 49 this year , so I think what your are doing is great . So Rock on Sister ❤️ 11 hours drive is not that bad . Im so happy to read your post,good luck with the move , im sure its going to be worth it ❤️
              Last edited by Jen72; April 26, 2021, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jen72 View Post
                Im going to be 49 this year , so I think what your are doing is great . So Rock on Sister ❤️ 11 hours drive is not that bad . Im so happy to read your post,good luck with the move , im sure its going to be worth it ❤️
                Thanks, wish all my friends were as supportive, it's a little bit lonely at times when friends don't back you. But we love each other and if it's a mistake then it's my mistake to make.

Comment

Im sorry to hear that , im 49 this year and 5 years ago I met the love of my life by chance or Kismet, im in Norway and he is in Australia. Its so darn hard with the distance we get depressed and lonely , and at tines toxic because we cant be with each other . Its been 14 months since I saw him, kissed him etc and you know each day I fight for our love, against all odds hes my man and Love is worth it . Ive had my first love ,husband and boyfreinds and flirts but this guy is one in a million and love is worth it . So keep loving keep positive and dont fear or worry what your freinds think . You desserve to be loved and its ok ❤️ Stay positive and remember we are all in the same boat here ,so im sure you can find positive vibes here

Comment

Working...
                  X