Scared and Losing feelings college relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scared and Losing feelings college relationship

Basically me and my guy best friend finally confessed our feeling for each other after being friends for a year. Unfortunately, we said this with two weeks of school left and we live across the country from each other (we're in college). We won't be seeing each other for 4.5 months and I know that it isn't crazy long but I feel like we're already drifting. Before going away, we decided that we were not going to hookup with other people over the summer but we didn't want to put a label on anything since it didn't make sense to start anything when we would have to separate. Despite all this the week before we left we were acting like we were in a relationship, constantly hooking up and exclaiming how much we were going to miss each other blah blah. It is about a month into the distance and I already feel like we're losing the connection. Everything was just getting so new and exciting and then we had to separate. We have been facetiming and stuff but with the time change he is going to bed while I am eating dinner which makes more sponteneous calls hard. I really really miss him and dont think my feelings towards him are going anywhere but this distance is getting to me and I am beginning to think that when September comes around he's going to lose interest and I am really worried about that happening because I like him so much. I just feel like our relationship is ending before it's even started, we haven't said we miss each other and are kind of just talking like best friends as we were before. There is still 4 months left of distance an I don't really know what to do or what I can do to prevent us losing interest, we are both new to this distance and I would really appreciate any advice.
    Last edited by charm56; May 10, 2021, 07:38 PM.

Tell him how you feel. Don't hold anything back. All the feelings you have are normal and common under the situation.

Open and honest communication is far more important in a LDR than when you were together.

Yes, LDR is hard. But it sounds like you have a good start. Keep up the facetiming "and other stuff". Set up a schedule for when both of you are available to video chat.

And you can also text each other at any time. That is less intrusive. Just remember not to panic if he doesn't answer right away...give him some time.

Just look forward to when you can get back together. If you go do all of the above the 4 months will go by in a flash. Remember some on this forum have been apart for a lot longer. It is 2 years for me and my SO, and IIRC the longest I remember seeing on here is 5 years.

Comment

What Jim said ^^^
      Timezones can be hard to get good quality facetime together. Schedules are good but if that doesn't work for you try to have an approximate "every few days/every week" type of thing.
      Stay strong. Stay calm. You'll get through it. And look forward to 4 months time. It will go faster than you think :-)

Comment

Working...
      X