X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update

Hi all,

Time for an update from me.
    As many of you know, recently I flew to meet my SO for the first time.
    My SO was held up in traffic so I collected my bags and got a coffee (and one for her) in the airport coffee shop. I was waiting for a few minutes and I heard a “hey” behind me. I jumped up and we hugged… a long strong hug and it felt so good. I kissed her cheek through the mask as we still had to wear masks. She sat down and we had coffee together. It felt weird, surreal but good. I remember looking at her as we were talking thinking she looks good, real, like in 3d and so much better in real life than when I see her online.
    She took me to a place on the waterfront to have a drink and a bite to eat before we went back to our accomodation. We walked hand in hand towards the water. It was all still very new. The sun was setting and we took a selfie; our first selfie together :-). I remember looking at her image on the phone as we took the photo, thinking, I want to kiss her. We took the photo (or a few lol), I lowered the phone and then she kissed me. It was gorgeous, a perfect kiss, natural and warm and… just gorgeous. And everything just felt perfect. We ordered food and sat on the beach (part of the pub) and talked and ate and kissed and it felt like we had been together for years. We both felt so comfortable together, so at ease, so happy and excited. Funny to think, that a year to the day, were were in separate states chatting online for the first time.
    And our first 2 weeks together continued like that… for the most part... Lol.
    We faced a covid lockdown, had to cancel plans, I lost a tooth (crown - me), she stood on a sea urchin, but it all happened like water off a duck’s back. Every day was a joy to be together. I met her family and they were lovely. We loved every minute we had together.
    And now I’m back and I miss her dearly and she misses me too. But we are closer than ever and I can’t wait to get back and see her again, hopefully within the next 2 months. I feel blessed and lucky and so happy to have this lady in my life.
    Thanks again to all who have offered their support over the last year or so. This is a great community.
    :-)

Aw, that’s great. Sounds like you had a great time, and you’re so lucky to be able able to see one another so soon afterwards. The joys of doing long distance in the same country, obviously not ideal, but better than half way across the world like me . I’m going through a very difficult time with my partner and I don’t know if we’ll make it through, so it’s nice to see others managing to make it work regardless of circumstances. Hope your next visit goes a bit smother, haha, but other than those two instances it sounds great. Best wishes.

Comment

This is bringing me to tears! Such a great story!
      I really hope that the USA opens up to the UK and the USA is on our Green List very soon so I can report similar!
      I'm so pleased for you x

Comment

Ohh D_M!!! Thank you for sharing, I have been thinking of you!

It is so beautiful to read that things were even better than you had imagined. What a dream come true. Also, so lucky you can see each other again soon. 2 months will fly by!
        "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
        -Charles Dickens

Comment

Thanks all. It almost feels like a dream now. Our first vidchat once I got back was quite surreal, and I felt like "did that trip really happen?" But yeah, I am really happy and it is good to be in such a good place after the emotional rollercoaster of before April :-)
          I hope things improve for you Woweth. Hold the faith and remember it's not over until it's over. I have gone through times where I all but knew it was over, but it wasn't. LDR is very up and down emotionally and we have all been through it so lean on us all here for support.
          And hopefully these Australian international borders open soon Vivid_Idea. I'm not sure why they said 2022 yesterday. It seems unduly pessimistic to me. Hopefully they will open up to certain places as they vaccinate and hopefully Germany will be high up in that list.

Comment

What a lovely update to read! Thanks so much for sharing your story with us D_M. So happy to hear the first meet went well and your connection has gone from strength to strength. Hope you guys are enjoying the countdown till your next visit!

Comment

Thanks Bestisyettocome,
              We are still going strong. We haven't booked flights yet, just an approximate date, and everything feels great

Comment

Working...
              X