Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Touching Base- how are all of you lovely people!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touching Base- how are all of you lovely people!?

My oh my, I haven't been on here in a month or so...

How is everyone doing? How are your relationships going? Whats new??

My bf and I are still going strong, probably as strong as we have ever been. His parents still don't know but we have actually talked about when he plans to tell him. As of now it'll be in August. He just wants to complete all exams before telling them about the gf hes been hiding for 2 years lol. Once he tells them, he plans to come stay with me for a little, not sure how long. He has never visited my place so its a little exciting mixed with nervousness. Hell be meeting my daughter for the first time. Her and I have talked about it already and she is comfortable with meeting him, shes only 7 so I just wanted to set some expectations before he arrives.

I'm excited to show him around my hometown and give him a better idea of who I am and where I come from. Not to mention he'll be meeting a small portion of my family. His family consists of like, 4 people and mine... heh... including all brothers, wives & kids, there are 18 of us lmao... So that's weighing heavily. Whats your experience in introducing your SO to your family? Our backgrounds are VERY different and it'll be interesting to see how it goes. He'll only be meeting my mom and one of my brothers and his family for now. I don't want to overwhelm him.
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

That sounds great Ms Grim and I'm so glad things are going well for you.

I haven't introduced my SO to my friends/family yet but I have met hers. Everyone was really nice and welcoming and I felt totally at home with them.There were 10 or 11 I think, and normally I would be intimidated but it was all good. I'm sure your SO will be fine. I think keeping the numbers low is a good idea. My SO's family were quite a happy easy going bunch so that helped a lot :-)

Comment

I somehow have most of my relationship in LDR with someone with different culture and background.
      On my younger age, its exciting thing to get him to know most of my family, and spent time at my birth city and with my extended family so they know my culture and where i came from.
      But somehow, i can see, in past relationship---this a little bit overwhelming for most of the guys.
      I am asian, full on tradition, and my family are religious people. Very different than all of my ex and bf now.
      In past, i thought, him, getting a long with my family and extended family is a must.
      But then i saw-this is a problem.

I can see how things can get really too much, too many opinions, too many things that actually i thought bringing us together that actually make my relationship break up. I thought first it was my ex--then i brought up other guys until 3 guys and i saw all of them just... cant lol too much. And everyone had strong opinions in my family.

Just like you i have huge family. My dad side--had 12 siblings. My mom side had 8 siblings. Thats uncle and aunts. I dont even know the most recent update numbers of my counsins---and now their children. I cant follow it up lol

So, with this one, i actually became extremely private. I dont want to really share him with too many people, i want it differently. Yes, he will meet my very close family like my 3 sisters and their children, also their husband and my parents of course. But thats it.

I learned my lesson, about weighing too much about my extended family--yes they are family, but for some stuff i rather to keep it private. I would bring him someday to my home city, but i wont let him stay with my family and its only for few days.

Comment

Working...
      X