Longing for love are we just having a bad week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longing for love are we just having a bad week

I dont usually open up so much here , the last week i feel i now have to. Im not sure if its the stress of the distance, the recent anniversary or just we seem to be in a bad olace. ( im blaming the planets and karmic clean out ) has the ugly monster of complacency finally happened. Im feeling lonely and my man is totally offdoing his own creative adventures. Morning to night So im fiddling my thumbs keeping him company when it suits him, talking as he works away. I miss him terribly and he keeps himself busy , but all we do these days is just act like an old married coulple , he does his things and i try and keep busy with my things . I know for many it sounds normal , but for us as a couple its actually abnormal . We recently just had our 4 years anniversary, i havent seen him for 18 months. Are we just both geting bored of the situation ? Or am i just being over emotional looking for something to moan about because ive allowed him to become a man with aman cave . We can spend 8 hours a day off on with each other so perhaps its getting to us , its suited us all this time but this is the longest we have ever been apart . I love my man.
    How do you all cope when your man is your best freind and only companion you hang out with, i dont have many freinds and my life for the last 4 years has been all about him and our relationship. I know im moaning now . Is this a normal part of a relationship ? When things stagnate into normal dullness ? He he i havent had many relationships and this is my longest LDR , so some advice is needed. How can we avoid becomming complacent in a LDR .
    Last edited by Jen72; July 5, 2021, 12:13 PM.

It has been said before, and will be said again...

In any relationship, LDR or close by, each person does occasionally need their own activities and time by themself. Nothing wrong with that.

This pandemic has been hard on all of us. What you are experiencing is nothing unusual. Remember "three things last forever: Faith, Hope, and Love. And the gratest of these is Love." You said you love him. If you have the faith and hope that things will get better, then that is all you need.

Comment

I understand. My girlfiend ebbs and flows, and the last couple of days the texts have been short, and a bit sparse. Not offering much information, and then I get worried and anxious, "Oh it's over!" And then I want to text out of panic. But I remember when she visited in April she got sick. I knew to leave her alone. And i was cool with that. But over distance, we don't have that option, that physical energetic and physical interpretation of whats going on.

Comment

So true

Comment

Yeah , totally agree

Comment

Hey Jen,

I actually love what Ohio Jim says about Faith hope love.

I go through this, what you are going through. Things have been very difficult for us all right now, so you are not alone. And sometimes it is good to just keep your head down and keep pushing through. Get through the night and the dawn will come...

It's funny, we're all here in a LDR community and I bet none of us actually want to be in an LDR we want to be in a closed distance relationship. It's just that we've met our perfect partner, soulmate, true love and they don't live local lol.

Sometimes my SO and I talk and we are like excited giddy young lovers and other times the conversation can feel a little... functional. Tiredness can play a big part, and also mood (from the day not each other). Sometimes things don't feel great, but that's because we're both over the LDR and just want to be together already.

When you find someone who is a perfect fit and a true love, it makes the LDR worth it for the final outcome of spending your life together. It's just tough along the way.

I hope things lift for you. Remember, you're very lucky to have found each other.

Comment

Hey D-M .
              You are such a positive vibe today . So thank you for all the insight . You are right each day is totally different and one day we are high and the next we are low, the news does play a big part in my low ebb. But , the LDR is worth it . Just got to keep focused that we get throught the bad days together . Hm we are lucky to of found love and this is the light at the end of the distance hope ur doing ok as well

Comment

I'm ok. We've been doing it tough for the last 6 weeks. Up and down, nearly didn't make it. But hanging in there.
                I've been working the last 41 days in a row and have another 21 to go before I get a day off. And I know that's not good form my mental health. And now we're in lockdown too so all I do is work and sleep and see nearly no-one. And my SO has had some ongoing health issues which have affected her energy and sleep and we are both running on empty.
                So I've felt her receed, but I am the same. I have no doubt how much I love her but am just not into anything right now because I have no energy and I am tired and rundown all the time, and she is the same...
                SO I am missing the closeness and intimacy and joy we shared so often. I want to fast forward 6 weeks when my work has calmed down and hopefully we have this Delta outbreak under control and I can see my SO again. I'm also worried we won't make it 6 weeks, but we have made it this far... it's just hard right now.

Comment

Hey Jen,
                  I hear a press conference today where one of the State premiers said he expected International borders to open when vaccination had reached 6-=80%, by Feb 2022. It's still a while away but much better than 2024.
                  I hope that gives you some hope and encouragement.

Comment

Working...
                  X