Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WARNING: Heavy thought sharing about LDR in COVID19 time

I just can't help but to write here.

This morning, as i scroll down on my soscmed page, i stumble on a post from a girl in my binational LDR support group.

She wrote that, she just few hours ago lost her Germany BF. Since covid, her bf lost his job and fell into deep depression and anxiety. She doesnt have much money as well, but she's trying to get the visa. It was more than once she got rejected. The hardest hit was when the embassy still rejected her visa application, even when she attach the verpelichtungsekalarung (sorry if misspelled) as an official support/invitation letter from her BF, and attached, a letter from his doctor diagnosing the bf with a chronic/severe depression and anxiety. He asked for professional help and took meds since a month before, hang in there while waiting for her.

She got denied, because the current rule for visitor visa with invitation, you can't get it if you are not married, and or, if you never been apply for the schengen visa to visit your bf before.
    Few hours ago, she wrote that, her bf father cant get hold of her bf, and then found him at his apartment lifeless.

I read those post and i cant help but feeling mourn. My heart sunk.

Me and my bf also had bad depression since the covid. Anxiety due to the uncertainty is very high. I can understand how she felt, how it feels very useless that whenever your bf call and said, they are depressed, and or expressing their depression or even thinking about hurting themselves. Me and my bf is lucky, i have the visa to go back and forth visiting him, while my country banned him to get in.

LDR is no joke before covid, you got to be strong and crazy enough to do it. Its not for everyone.

With COVID and travel ban and all of these scary death around us, its just very nerve breaking. What frustrate me the most is a lot of people can not understand that anxiety and depression, is an illness that capable of killing a human being.

I just hope, that whatever you all going through, how busy you are, please, do check your SO. Ask them if they are ok, comfort them and you got to remember them that they are loved and not alone.

The distance is like seeing through a blurry glass---sometimes when we asked or get the question "are you ok?" the answer is not really the factual. But it is matter, when the person you love ask those.

Im sorry if this is way too depressing to share, but i just wanted to remind all of you, to be strong in this, and you are all not alone.

Thanks for sharing. That is very sad.

Comment

indeed... it make you want to hold your love one harder and longer

Comment

Working...
      X