First 3 days of LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First 3 days of LDR

This is actually a part two of my post MY BUMBLE STORY. My fiancé went back to Seattle on July 26. He video calls me whenever he’s free about 3-4 times a day. And sends me photo of him with his fam. Just like a while ago. He cannot sleep because he’s body clock is still adjusting. He called me and talked about our plans and other stuff just to keep the conversation going. Said our ilove yous like a bunch of times. Virtual hugs and kisses and virtual cuddle too. But before that, we had a small disagreement and then we ended the call cause the conversation is not going anywhere. After that he called me and asked if Im okay. I just hope and pray that we will stay the same cause frankly, i have no idea until when are we going to wait for my fiancé visa to be processed. It is not even filed yet. He is still waiting for her sister to get married before applying to military. Hopefully he will get accepted and after the basic training, that will take 12 weeks or 13. Then that is the time we can file for the fiancé visa. With all the back logs, it will surely take time. Cause normally processing of k1 visa is 8-9months. I found out from a facebook group that some of them took 2years processing the visa due to back logs and lockdowns. But if he will get accepted in military, there is a higher chance that we can expedite our case. Plus we are having a baby due on November. I dont want to be negative, but im really afraid of the possibilities that he will find someone there and our goals will get messed up because of that. Overthinking. This is making me crazy.

When there's a will, there will be a way. You both wanted this, stay strong and believe in each other and the process.
    Having baby on the way and hes about to be in military i think the process will be faster.
    If not, why dont you try the cr1? some said this pandemic time it goes much faster than the k1?

Comment

Hey, good to read your story. And congrats. Regarding the visa, we’re currently awaiting a response too. I think two years is a stretch, that’s usually only if something has arisen, not enough evidence was provided on the initial form, or if there was a mistake. Even one piece of missing info or an error can set you back a long time. The average time right now is 8-10 months as of June 2021, so you should be okay. Honestly it varies with every application and also depends on the country you’re coming from, for some it’s under eight months, others it can be 14 months to much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Woweth View Post
        Hey, good to read your story. And congrats. Regarding the visa, we’re currently awaiting a response too. I think two years is a stretch, that’s usually only if something has arisen, not enough evidence was provided on the initial form, or if there was a mistake. Even one piece of missing info or an error can set you back a long time. The average time right now is 8-10 months as of June 2021, so you should be okay. Honestly it varies with every application and also depends on the country you’re coming from, for some it’s under eight months, others it can be 14 months to much longer.
        ...problem with covid 19 times, sometimes the embassy is closed. That would made extra time for k1/cr1. Example in my country the embassy was closed from 2019 until finally opened again in March 2020. But its been 3 weeks its closed again now due to the delta variant create massive covid numbers and we have to lock down again. Until when? no body will know.

These sadly will affect the timeline for k1 and cr1.

Comment

Originally posted by uniquefem View Post
          ...problem with covid 19 times, sometimes the embassy is closed. That would made extra time for k1/cr1. Example in my country the embassy was closed from 2019 until finally opened again in March 2020. But its been 3 weeks its closed again now due to the delta variant create massive covid numbers and we have to lock down again. Until when? no body will know.

That’s true, but I guess it depends on how fortunate you are. The embassy processing my visa would be in the states, and where we sent mine, luckily their offices have been open for a decent amount of time due to there not being a severe lockdown, the one they had didn’t last long, and their processing times still stand. In the U.K. we’ve had lockdowns but they don’t seem to have affected fiancé visas too much, they’ve actually been expedited, so I think I would be lucky in that respect. Although, if you were in a country that’s had longer lockdowns with stricter frequency then I can understand it would take a lot longer. Really depends I guess. Also depends on how reliable your embassy was even before all this, I’ve heard of K1 visas taking two years before 2020, just due to offices that had backlog, or slow processing times, so to be honest for some it hasn’t changed much. I’ve still heard of people managing to get their fiancé visa within the usual timeline in 2021, so though it’s possible it could be a long time, that’s not going to be the case for everyone.

Comment

When there's a will, there will be a way. You both wanted this, stay strong and believe in each other and the process.
            Having baby on the way and hes about to be in military i think the process will be faster.
            If not, why dont you try the cr1? some said this pandemic time it goes much faster than the k1?
            Yes. We have no choice but to stay strong. I miss him so much.
            He cant come home anytime soon so getting married and file for cr1 is not the option for us right now. I was thinking that route too before he left. But we are running out of time. And his sister is getting married this year too. So we kinda have to let them get married first before us. I am actually looking into the cr1 route until now. But he wont be able to come home.

Comment

Thank you! from which country are you? I heard that other countries is processing faster than here in the Philippines. Well, there are tons of k1 visa applicants here in the Philippines, like TONS. So that’s one, making the process longer than the usual plus Covid and back logs. Did you hire a lawyer for filing the visa? Or did you guys DIY?

Comment

Yeah, here in the Philippines too. It was announced days ago that some areas will be lockdown again. And the area where the US embassy is located is included in the list. This is heartbreaking. I am praying that they will still process even in a slow pace for the backlogs to get finished now. So when the time comes that we will file for the visa, it will be quicker for us. I don’t want to be away from him. We are having a baby. I want him to see the baby. It’s really hard when you are pregnant and alone at the same time. The emotional stress is really bad. I’m trying my best not to be negative.

Comment

That’s true, but I guess it depends on how fortunate you are. The embassy processing my visa would be in the states, and where we sent mine, luckily their offices have been open for a decent amount of time due to there not being a severe lockdown, the one they had didn’t last long, and their processing times still stand. In the U.K. we’ve had lockdowns but they don’t seem to have affected fiancé visas too much, they’ve actually been expedited, so I think I would be lucky in that respect. Although, if you were in a country that’s had longer lockdowns with stricter frequency then I can understand it would take a lot longer. Really depends I guess. Also depends on how reliable your embassy was even before all this, I’ve heard of K1 visas taking two years before 2020, just due to offices that had backlog, or slow processing times, so to be honest for some it hasn’t changed much. I’ve still heard of people managing to get their fiancé visa within the usual timeline in 2021, so though it’s possible it could be a long time, that’s not going to be the case for everyone.
                  True depends on the country, but shes in philipines where i think almost the same like any other asian country since the delta hit, when we said "lockdown" it means all embassy closed too and theres nothing going on because you cant even freely to go out of your home just like that.

I also consider these routes of cr1 and k1 but since the embassy is closed i know it will be extremely hard. So far i just use the tourist visa to visit my bf since my country not on the banned list (yet, and hopefully wont ever be). He cant visit my country since we actually closed our border since 2019 for tourist visa.

Comment

true, also embassy in Jakarta indonesia, they've been closed since last month and many people just confuse what happened to their interview appointment because its so long to wait for it and now this happened.

Comment

Working...
                    X