(Tw suicide) something serious going on with my boyfriend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Tw suicide) something serious going on with my boyfriend

Im 30F. He's 25. We've been together for over 3 years. He's struggled with depression and suicidal thoughts since he was a kid. He has family issues. Things have been going rough as far as finances lately. He's been anxious stressed out depressed and suicidal. He won't seek professional help.

For about half a year he's been telling me his neighbor is invading his energy. Talking to him in his mind and showing him images of me cheating in his mind. Lots of disturbing stuff that has turned him against me. He moved away from there and still says he is being psychically attacked by these people. I don't believe in this energy stuff. I believe he is suffering through a psychotic break and needs medication and therapy. I tried telling him this but he still believes it's an energy attack.

He has been very toxic to me verbally attacking me and accusing me of things that I don't believe are possible. We've almost broke up so many times but today is the day we finally did. I'm worried about him committing suicide. I don't know if I should reach out to his mom. When we broke up he and I left off on a bad note because he was being toxic towards me again and I couldn't handle it anymore and hung up.

I guess this is the best for both of our sanity. I know there's not much I can do to help him. It's beyond me. I guess I'm looking for any insight or advice or just support. I don't really have anyone I can talk to this about. Thank you for listening.

Yes, definitely talk to his mom.

You are not responsible for him, but you are responsible to see that he gets help.

Comment

Yes, I agree with Ohio Jim. Reach out to his mum. There is only so much you can do from afar and I think his behaviour sounds very concerning, even without a risk of suicide. Reach out to his mum, and at least you'll know you did what you could. Hopefully his mum can make a difference over there.
      Good luck

Comment

First you got to reach out to people who close to him, like his family. Letting them know that he might be in trouble/having issue. Being far away is not helping not so much you can do but actually informing them about this.
        Last, you need to care about yourself too, you need to understand that its not your fault if anything happened. You did your best.

Comment

Working...
        X