Song Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Song Ideas

Helloooooo. It's been a while since I've been here!

Like many LDR couples, my partner and I were able to close the distance back in 2017 and kind of forgot about this place and our LDR blog. It seems the forum is still a bit active though! Not sure how many people I remember/who will remember us but it was a great support when the distance was tough. <3

Anyway, the reason I'm here is that we're coming up to our 9-year anniversary since we started dating and I'd like to put together a video compilation, but as always, I'm stuck for songs. Ideally, I'd only use one song, though that's kind of unlikely to happen since our 1-year video was about half a dozen songs in 6 minutes and our first meeting video was a similar story across 15 minutes. Problem is, I'm very picky about things and hate repeating songs I've already used on videos (it's always been this way since I started on Youtube 14 years ago!). Which would be fine, if I didn't already have about 10 hours worth of holiday videos and songs I've thrown together for us and our travels in the past as well so there's a lot of songs there and now I'm after something new and I've already left it too late.

I want something fast-paced, happy, positive, energetic or upbeat (probably pop?) to match with happy-all-smile-exciting-moments video. It's been a tough year, so I'm really just after something fun! Since the video is for him, I'd also prefer female artists or male+female duos over sole male artists (like I said, picky) though if the song is good enough it won't matter (as per my male-dominated examples). Those two factors alone cut out a lot of the love songs I've been finding for example on YouTube and Spotify lists and in this old thread which is now ten years old and I know we've had more music in a decade! Indie is good, though I often find their songs less energetic. Disney, etc. We don't really keep up with the latest artists and trends so get a bit lost there. After more generic love, friendship, good-time songs over LDR-specific ones too since the distance is a thing of the past. The longer the better (4+ minutes), though as I mentioned, I'll probably end up needing to combine a few...

Examples:

Finally Free by Niall Horan (actually leaning towards using this one, but it's only 3 minutes)
    Beautiful Life by Bebe Rexha
    Two Strong Hearts by John Farnham
    You Lift Me Up by Mikey Wax
    What We Live For by American Authors
    Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon
    Kaleidoscope by Great Big World
    + other select songs by Anthem Academy, Pinkzebra, Avicii, WILD, etc...

Thanks for listening to my ramble and open to suggestions even if they don't all fit the criteria. Go wild!
    Last edited by SmileyK; October 16, 2021, 04:45 AM.

"My arms will be your prison" - My Boyfriend [♥] Our LDR Blog!

Started Talking - October 2012
    Started Dating - 08.11.12
    First Meeting - 08.12.13 - 39 days together
    Second Meeting - 16.12.15 - 31 days together

Rosetta Stone Progress
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    22 / 60

Working...
X