Feeling really sad lately...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling really sad lately...

I never posted in this section before, but I thought this would be a good reason to start.

I feel so sad lately. All because missing my SO is getting harder and harder each day. We've been apart for almost 8 months now and it's depressing me. School is keeping busy, but it's also keeping me away from Skype. When I come home and I feel like I need to talk to my SO... she's already in bed. She's 11 hours ahead of me. When I go to bed... she gets up. When I get up and get ready for school... she's already at uni.

My SO already told me that she thinks she can't keep me happy anymore because I'm so down lately. I do get happy once we find the time to talk... but after that? I get depressed again. I just miss being with her. Physically. I never needed her touch more.

I don't want to lose her though of course. I love her. And I know that she loves me. The distance is just getting to us. To me.

So,... any ideas what I/we could do?

I feel you on that.

Have you tried explaining to her that it's not that she isn't making you happy anymore, it's that you've been so happy with her that it's started to hurt? Because really, love hurts a whole lot, especially after you've tasted the full array of its bounty and have to go back to just an apple.

If you could, maybe try recording messages for each other on webcam and e-mailing them. So that way when she has time she can say good morning and you'd have it by the time you get up, vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
      I feel you on that.

Have you tried explaining to her that it's not that she isn't making you happy anymore, it's that you've been so happy with her that it's started to hurt? Because really, love hurts a whole lot, especially after you've tasted the full array of its bounty and have to go back to just an apple.

If you could, maybe try recording messages for each other on webcam and e-mailing them. So that way when she has time she can say good morning and you'd have it by the time you get up, vice versa.
      Thank you, LadyMarchHare.

I should really try the recording messages more. We did that a lot a few months ago, but then I kinda stopped doing them because I just wanted to be closer to her than just sending her a recording through email. But she does send me recordings before going to bed. Lately it just hurt listening to them though. Hearing her, but not being able to be with her.

Comment

awww *huggles* i do think when it gets really stressful, and one gets depressed, or has old issues come back to haunt them, it defiantly time for a visit and from your countdown your not too far away from that visit in my opinion visits help get you on the right track again psychically and emotionally, just hang in there you'll be ok

Comment

Personally I think it's the autumn, many people are feeling down lately, not only those in relationships. I am feeling sad as well I just dont know if I should talk to my bf about that, he seems OK and I dont want to be too pushy or clingy all I need is his hug or a kiss, that's all

Comment

Originally posted by Kika View Post
            Personally I think it's the autumn, many people are feeling down lately, not only those in relationships. I am feeling sad as well I just dont know if I should talk to my bf about that, he seems OK and I dont want to be too pushy or clingy all I need is his hug or a kiss, that's all
            been feeling like that myself, old issues are popping up everywhere for me as well

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin2009 View Post
              been feeling like that myself, old issues are popping up everywhere for me as well
              This is so true. I keep overthinking old silly things which shouldn't bother me... but they do. They just pop up randomly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kika View Post
                That's how I feel right now. I just need a hug. A soft kiss.

Comment

I feel for you guys the worst thing is that nothing is wrong and I am still sad

Comment

I guess everybody on here knows just how much it can hurt. I haven't had to go through spending 8 months apart but I can imagine it's killing you. It's less than two months until you see each other again, if I remember correctly..? I know it's hard and might not help much but try to keep your eyes on that. Think how happy you'll be, getting to spend time with her again after all this time On the times you do get to talk, have you planned her trip at all? What you could do together and stuff. Do you think that would help..? It sucks loads that you don't get to talk that much anymore, but maybe you'll get more used to it in time? In the meantime, try and keep staying in touch by email and other things.

This might not have helped at all but just remember that you love her, she loves you, you've made it this far, and you are strong enough to do this. It'll be worth all the pain and misery at the end. And we'll all be here for you *hugs*

Comment

*hugs* I feel for ya. I've been missing my boyfriend so much lately! Some things that help me is, leaving cute messages to each other throughout the day (texts, emails, voice messages, whatever! ) and thinking of positive things send a love letter when you miss her or something. Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by elina View Post
                        I guess everybody on here knows just how much it can hurt. I haven't had to go through spending 8 months apart but I can imagine it's killing you. It's less than two months until you see each other again, if I remember correctly..? I know it's hard and might not help much but try to keep your eyes on that. Think how happy you'll be, getting to spend time with her again after all this time On the times you do get to talk, have you planned her trip at all? What you could do together and stuff. Do you think that would help..? It sucks loads that you don't get to talk that much anymore, but maybe you'll get more used to it in time? In the meantime, try and keep staying in touch by email and other things.

This might not have helped at all but just remember that you love her, she loves you, you've made it this far, and you are strong enough to do this. It'll be worth all the pain and misery at the end. And we'll all be here for you *hugs*
                        Thank you for your nice words, elina.

Knowing that I'll see her again in 55 days does help a little bit. It's probably just been too long now. Being apart from her I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by paulawriteslove View Post
                          *hugs* I feel for ya. I've been missing my boyfriend so much lately! Some things that help me is, leaving cute messages to each other throughout the day (texts, emails, voice messages, whatever! ) and thinking of positive things send a love letter when you miss her or something. Hope this helps!
                          We should really try to text each other more often. It's just so expensive with her being in New Zealand and me being in Germany. There are no plans for cheaper texting, so a text costs like 60 cents. :/ But that surely is an option to stay in touch all through the day...

Comment

Originally posted by NaNi View Post
                            Thank you for your nice words, elina.

Knowing that I'll see her again in 55 days does help a little bit. It's probably just been too long now. Being apart from her I mean.
                            Lord knows 8 months is a testament to a relationship. I commend you on both of your will power and dedication to one another. My SO and I go through 8 month separations a year and, as so many other people here, I know the feelings. Congrats on your 55 day countdown.

I always say if you can keep your eyes on the prize and the overall goal of the relationship(or where you see yourself when you're settled down) it can make the time seem like a small sacrifice to the big picture.

I hope you can find some interests to keep your mind in a happy place for 55 days and I hope you two can find a middle ground of communication.

Comment

8 months certainly is a long time, it must be so hard! I really feel for you

In less than 2 months you'll be together again and when you get to see her, feel her and touch her you're gonna be so happy! In the meanwhile you just have to try and stay in contact as much as you can, via email, texting and talking whenever you can. Have you ever tried making her video clips? Whenever I get them from Andy or send them to him it makes my day so much better. It's a great feeling hearing your SO's voice and seeing their face and listening them telling about their day... It's almost as being with them

I recall you said once you don't have anything to record with..? But you could do it with your phone or camera if you have one. There's always a way I'm sure

It can be hard to turn your feelings around when you've been feeling sad for a long time and your SO must feel helpless and frustrated that she can't cheer you up. When you talk try to do something funny together, play games online or watch funny videos on youtube, anything to keep your mind off of how much you're missing her.

I hope you're feeling better soon! You're a day closer to seeing her everyday that goes by

Comment

Working...
                              X