Warning your SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning your SO

If you haven't met yet: what would you warn your SO about yourself? Something they might not already know like do you snore? Do you have a rare passion for something a bit weird?

If you have already met: what do you wish your SO had warned you about? Or is there anything that they wish you would've warned them about?

Could be interesting
    In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
    Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
    Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
    My dog Sam ♥

What I've warned him about: I talk in my sleep, I steal blankets and wiggle, I have a minor kleptomania problem (so I'd end up taking a pen of his or something), I pull my food apart, I wander off at random (short attention span), I take forever with my hair

He's made me wash my hands several times when we talk so I can imagine his OCD's gonna see me with wrinkled fingers.

Comment

I wish he's warned me about his crazy ex-girlfriends earlier, it would have saved me a lot of stress the first couple of months of our relationship.

I would have warned him about my tendency to get overwhelmed with my feelings, so I can't physically speak- he has had many a time thinking I was breaking up with him because I couldn't get my words out. He knows now though

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

What do you wish your SO had warned you about?
        His absurd tendency towards laziness. He's put on nearly 60 lbs since we've started dating, having quit working out (why bother impressing the ladies, he's already got one), and prefers to sit around and eat junk or drink.

Or is there anything that they wish you would've warned them about?
        About my serious level of crazy. I go through bouts where I have exactly zero self-esteem and I feel like the world is crashing down on me, and that I really have no place in it anyway. Of course, if I *did* warn people about this, then I'd probably still be single.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

I eat loudly. I dunno why. He hates it. lol

Comment

He can snores sometimes, but at least is not a heavy snore.

I bite my nails, and he hates it.

Comment

I warned my SO before we met that I'm kind of short (5'5", very average), and I warned him I may not look as sexy in person as I did over the camera.

It was funny, he forgot about the height, and he said "wow you're short" when we met. XD

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I wish I would have warned him how much I dislike eating in front of other people. I think he already had an idea of it, but I'm not sure he realized the extent of it till just now.

Comment

I bite my nails and drink soda every day. I'm also pretty picky as far as eating but he's gotten used to my eating habits lol

Comment

I really wish i warned him about how i eat like a truck driver once i am eating in the comfort of my own home haha

Comment

Well, I really wish he would have told me exactly how big of a Patriots fan he is...I thought he was joking when he told me we couldn't talk during the games - hence why I am skulking the forum tonight

As for me - I'm guessing he probably wishes I had warned him about exactly how much of a domestic goddess I am not when it comes to the kitchen area. He swears he is getting me cooking lessons, but I think I'll still refuse to go!

Comment

I think i pretty much warned my SO about my craziness, my jealousness, my habit of talking too much when hes ready to sleep, that i can come across a little bit mad sometimes but its just me getting my words wrong......oh why on earth did he meet me lol think i thought if i exaggerated it a little he wouldnt be so overwhelmed by me since im alot louder than he is lol.

I wish he had warned me about his melancholy moods, sometimes i think he is really unhappy and not really talkative but he says thats just how his face is lol! He is also alot quieter in person, which since im a talkative person can be a bit annoying sometimes. Oh and his annoying habit of letting something that has annoyed him or stressed him out effecting him ALL day, and not being able to shrug it off!

Comment

I wish he told me about his aversion to sweets! Here I am making cupcakes for Valentine's Day last year and he only ate two because he doesn't like sweets. But he thought it was cute anyway, haha. On a more serious note, his temper can be a problem sometimes. Never yelled at me, but I've witnessed some very heated arguments between his mother and him (and all I could do is walk to another room and hear it).

As for me, I should have told him how crazy I am about dogs. I get all excited and make cooing baby noises (it doesn't matter the company- so sometimes he gets embarrassed, haha). I also have low esteem and instead of finding a way to pick myself out of it, snowball all the negatives until I feel like I can barely function. I'm working on this though.

Comment

and just to add i think he probably wished id warned him about the fact that i sing pretty much all the time lol, since im not exactly great....think hes getting used to me randomly starting singing now lol

Comment

what do you wish your SO had warned you about?
                              He doesn't like to cuddle at night ;_;. Then again he actually didn't know, I'm the first person he's dated who he's ever spend the night with XP. He warned me about everything else including the fact that his farts are like mustard gas xD. Wish he could've told me when he went through that "not showering" phase! D:< He got out of it when I almost left it and now will shower daily or twice a day :'D. I don't care if it was shallow of me, that was wrong! D:<

Or is there anything that they wish you would've warned them about?
                              I warned him about anything I could. I was a lactose intolerant drug addict with multiple allergies, he needed to know! Wait, I think he would've liked it if I told him I was deathly allergic to Dayquil XP. I didn't know though! My mom just banned it while I was growing up and never told me why ;_;! Oh! I didn't tell him twins run in my family till much later xD. Oh wait, he probably would've liked to know I wanted to be born a man sooner :P.

EDIT: Oh! I didn't tell him how bad it was when I said that I wander off. At least I warned him. Everyone else had to find out the hard way XP. I remember I send the night with one friend when I was 16, and in the middle of the night I left their guarded neighborhood into 7-11 because I hadn't eaten all day. They found out when they saw me with a rice kirspy bar the next morning :P.

Comment

Working...
                              X